Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are tooooons of brands on there. The outdoor/shooting stuff is great.

That’s also how Vortex verified their military discount offer. The deal on the 5-25 FFP PST is pretty solid. Might add one of those to the stable next. Burris, Steiner (binos and tactical optics only...I did look for a PX4I ) Salomon, Keen, Carhartt, Oakley... I mean the list goes on. It’s a pretty cool resource

Should be ordering whatever I decide (Barrel wise) within a few days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I’m going to be competing in a tactical division next year which requires you shoot either .308 or .223. The Open division has all the hot rods like the Creedmoors, 6GT/Dasher/etc etc.

My current 16” Ultramatch barrels are fantastic but I want to step it up a notch for velocity’s sake. Currently, I’m pushing 75gr Hornadys around 2650fps. 4” extra would probably add somewhere around 80-100fps, and I think I’m going to start using 73gr ELDs for said matches, so all in I want to be closer to or hitting 2800fps, which is definitely doable

I also have a ton of 77gr TMKs which would be greatly accelerated as well....my load for them is in the low 2600s but they’re darn accurate. Of course I’d be re-working my loads

I’m getting off track.

I’ve been looking at quality barrels and the two I’m comparing to start with are:

20” Rainier UM Mod 2 SDM ($380)
    https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...sion-20-satin/

1/2x28 threads
    1:7.5
    Fluted
    .750 gas block seat
    2lbs 6oz

20” Criterion 223 Wylde ($340)
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod84773.aspx

1/2x28 threads
    1:7.5
    Fluted
    .750 gas block seat
    2lbs 3oz

They’re VERY similar all the way around and both have good reputations.

I checked WOA barrels and the ones I liked were either unthreaded or 5/8x24.

Any other sub $400 barrel worth looking at? The corresponding Lilja barrel I liked was $500
    For what it's worth, I have a few Lilja barreled AR15s, and a Lilja barreled AR308. I was able to get in on a couple of volume discount buys. They are outstanding. I also have Criterion and getting ready to build a Rainier UM Mod 2. I'm interested to see how it compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went with the Proof Research 20” Stainless steel 1:7.

I got a killer deal on it and with the lead time, I had to order it so I’d have it by fall for load testing and dope etc. If for whatever reason it falls through or they tell me it won’t deliver in time, the Rainier barrel is my backup choice. To be fair, with all the RA barrels I’ve had, they’ve all been stellar performers. I just wanted to try the Proof barrel out for some reason

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope it works out...dang that’s a long lead time for barrel