Downloads
    Uploads

Paint over Cerakote?

I’m considering attempting to camo up a solid Magpul Green cerakoted AR. The big question is can I strip off the paint without affecting the cerakote if I don’t like the results? Will be using Aervoe camo colors unless someone has a better recommendation. Also need sources for decent stencils.

A year ago I had zero colored ARs. Now I have five. If this lockdown lasts much longer I’m liable to have all pimp guns. Please shoot me if I start posting pirates and skulls.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    The lock down here is a myth. Its NOT enforceable!
    I haven't changed my life one bit. Im going out shooting this weekend as well. The EO is bullshit and has nothing backing it, didnt you read it? They know they just can't piss on your constitutional rights. Legally their isn't a damn thing they can use to enforce it. EO translates into suggestion. Get out and live your life...

https://mn.gov/governor/assets/3a.%2...055-425020.pdf
    Last edited by Stone; 17 April 2020 at 18:40.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stone, you nailed it man...

Our Chief even directed us to forward any social distancing/business violations to the State. Not our problem.

Phil... can you find a small part of the AR like inside the trigger well, or magwell to test if paint will come off without affecting the cerakote?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear you Stone and share your outrage. Our cowardly Governor is despicable. Enforceable or not Walz’s fear mongering limits my actions. His rulings don’t affect me directly so much as I am retired. If he lifted the restrictions tomorrow my life would not change much. The EO for me is mostly onerous in that I am unable to visit loved ones as they would freak out. A new nephew I’ve never seen and first grandson only seen once. As I am in the high risk group for age and pre-existing condition I would still be mostly a hermit until they better prove the efficacy of drug treatments. All you younger working guys with families are the one paying the price.

UW. Sure I will test in inconspicuous spot regardless of what I hear. Just wanted to see if anyone had experience and knew if some method of paint remover worked better than others with cerakote.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode