Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Isn't the 308 buffer the short stubby one? If so, that should only be used in the AR15 carbine length buffer tubes as those are too short for the AR10/A5 extensions. I made the mistake once of running a 308 buffer in a AR10 extension and ended up damaging the threads on the rear of the lower receiver from bcg over travel.

That said, in principle I think you are right as the .308 buffer is about the same weight as an H buffer, so I'd probably start with an H instead of the H3.
    Ahhhh good catch. I didn't see he was using an RE10 receiver extension.

And you are correct. DO NOT USE the short buffer on anything other than an AR15 extension.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, went thru this confusion also. It’s now engraved in my brain

Standard ar15 length is shorty 308 buffer

I use the full armalite kit with their A5 length tube, spring and H3. It was 65 shipped last year when I got it.

I tried a H2 and it was noticeably more violent.. h3 is on now and could almost use more

Downloads
    Uploads

UPDATE

Happy day at the range. Sprinco red spring with the same H3 buffer solved the problem. For some reason Pmags all locked back on a single round while a Lancer .308 would not. Stiffer metal feed lips? Opening the AGB one click fixed that. Now runs good with and w/o Recce 7. Had to zero with a 3-9 scope as my 18x ran out of windage adjustment. Need more fine tuning, but I’m optimistic.

More fun was getting the 16” coupon Ultramatch dialed in. About an inch difference POI with the Recce 5 which I zeroed using a 2.5-12x. Met another oldster who hadn’t touched an AR since his Air Force M16 nearly 50 years ago and had never shot with a silencer. First time - seven shots with four touching in about a 1.5 inch group with Wolf Gold! Range was closing so I’ll go for my groups another day and with better ammo.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Happy day at the range. Sprinco red spring with the same H3 buffer solved the problem. For some reason Pmags all locked back on a single round while a Lancer .308 would not. Stiffer metal feed lips? Opening the AGB one click fixed that. Now runs good with and w/o Recce 7. Had to zero with a 3-9 scope as my 18x ran out of windage adjustment. Need more fine tuning, but I’m optimistic.

More fun was getting the 16” coupon Ultramatch dialed in. About an inch difference POI with the Recce 5 which I zeroed using a 2.5-12x. Met another oldster who hadn’t touched an AR since his Air Force M16 nearly 50 years ago and had never shot with a silencer. First time - seven shots with four touching in about a 1.5 inch group with Wolf Gold! Range was closing so I’ll go for my groups another day and with better ammo.
    Glad you got it running with a simple change.

I shoot a lot of Wolf Gold and love it, but I wouldn't expect 1.5 MOA from it. Nice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Glad you got it running with a simple change.

I shoot a lot of Wolf Gold and love it, but I wouldn't expect 1.5 MOA from it. Nice.
    I wouldn’t expect that with me shooting either. My eyes are terrible. My 77 grain is reserved for this gun in future.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy day at the range. Sprinco red spring with the same H3 buffer solved the problem. For some reason Pmags all locked back on a single round while a Lancer .308 would not. Stiffer metal feed lips?
    When I was battling my over-gassed .308, I found that the PMAGs would still feed but the Brownells metal mags wouldn't. After looking at the brass, it was clear that the brass was "binding" due to friction on the metal where as the polymer on the PMAG was more slippery and fed better. Obviously the whole system wasn't operating correctly, but it was interesting to see how much more friction the metal mag causes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I neglected to state the good Wolf Gold shooting was just at 50 yds so not as amazing as it sounded. My bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I neglected to state the good Wolf Gold shooting was just at 50 yds so not as amazing as it sounded. My bad.
    I've actually wondered why many on the internet haven't started just shooing 1-round groups. This seems to be the ultimate way to show one's shooting prowess. Every group is sub-MOA!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Might a little shot of dry lube help that problem? I can't say for sure, but what can it hurt? I do it to my metal mags and they're trouble-free.
    Last edited by Joelski; 23 May 2020 at 11:54.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    FYI... here is some measured info on recoil springs. And this is various recoil springs on the same setup.

A2 (old) - 7.6lb closed, 14.5lb open
    A2 (new) - 9.1lb closed, 16.7lb open
    Tubb Flatwire - 10.5lb closed, 16.3lb open
    Tubb .308 Flatwire - 13lb closed, 16.7lb open
    SpringCo White ? (standard) - 8.3lb closed, 16.3lb open
    SpringCo Red (extra) - 10.5lb closed, 18.4lb open
    SpringCo Orange (increased) - 13.9lb closed, 24.8lb open

From this video.
    [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMVZbrnvu8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMVZbrnvu8[/URL

As for your issues with the Lancer mags.... IMHO they have VERY strong mag springs, enough so that the follower can cause drag on the BCG.

At least they do on my Large Frame AR's... all of them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know info on the springs. The mag dry lube sounds like a good idea. Anyone recommend a brand?

Downloads
    Uploads
    WD-40 Makes a spray on Dry lube. I got mine on AMAZON
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.