Downloads
    Uploads

Will this SP work in AR10?

A guy showed up at the range yesterday to sell his late dad’s ammo. I was the only one there so I scored nine boxes of old, quality .308 for $10/box. These three (2-180, 1-165) long pointy soft points have me concerned about feeding in an AR. I’d love to save them for SHTF, but will trade for OTM if you think they are iffy in a semi. They do fit nicely in Pmag and Lancers.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Loading is fine, especially since they fit in the magazine. It’s having to extract an unfired round that generally scrapes up/damages the soft point.

When I would hunt with Winchester Power Points, I’d drop the mag and pull the bolt back really slowly to keep the soft point from banging around on the feed ramps/barrel extension lugs when it extracted

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know. Thanks. I’ll keep ‘em.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Choot em up

Downloads
    Uploads
    You may find that the soft points will get deformed during recoil. Rounds tend to slide back and forth in the magazine stack with the tips impacting the front wall of the magazine body.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ended up paying off a debt with them. A guy with a nice bolt hunting rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    I ended up paying off a debt with them. A guy with a nice bolt hunting rifle.
    Perfect

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk