Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls ASF (Ambidextrous Selector)

Looks like these will be available this Wednesday or Thursday:

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...LyapIPA0Zc2-yo

ASF Design in focus
    ASF (Ambidextrous Selector, Forward Controls) was conceived in late 2018 as a duty/combat grade safety, with ergonomics, reliability and robustness as its top priorities.

The design goals laid out for ASF are as follows:

1. Levers attach to the center via roll pins. We do not want any wobbly or slack on the levers.
    2. No MIM or cast. To achieve the rotational smoothness and positive detent engagement, as well as tight fitting levers, we'd be holding very tight tolerances.
    3. All steel construction. We're sticking to TDP material on this. While it's our belief aluminum levers would be acceptable, we see no reason to deviate from TDP specs on mateiral and heat treat specs.
    4. Levers designed to aid users, the shapes of which are derived from the functions they perform. Fashion isn't a function.

ASF is available in the following configurations: 90 degree semi, 50 degree semi, conventional M16 (0-90-180), and short throw M16 (0-50-180) where SAFE to SEMI is a 50 degrees rotation, but AUTO/BURST is 180 degrees from SAFE. There won't be pictures or discussion on the centers in this article, as much time as we spent in getting the the rotational smoothness and detent engagement just right, pictures would nearly constitute revelation of trade secrets.

It was fairly straight forward to derive at lever shapes that do what we ask of them. The serrations on the lever run along the length, not perpendicular or diagonal, as when the user rotates the safety, his finger is sliding on the lever where the presence of friction and traction is decidedly unhelpful. ASF short levers are wider than the long lever. Its short length gives up surface area, we put some lost surface area back by increasing its width.

Name:  FC.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  517.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    This gives me the itch to start a new built.

Love the design. I see how the best of other good designs are incorporated here. I’d like to see how the offset feels in action. I expect too the selector snaps into fire/safe positions the way we all know and love.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!!!! Looks like i need new selectors......
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston