Thread: PEW PDW

Downloads
    Uploads

PEW PDW

Finished up a PDW pistol in 300 BLK using an Aero PEW lower (at wife's request).

Barrel is 6 inches (IIRC) with a Griffin Armament taper mount liner comp / suppressor mount that just barely clears the handguard.

I think I'm going to put an BCM KAG on it so I have a good reference point to keep from getting a hand over the barrel and want to put a caliber marked dust cover on it since it's not 5.56/.223, but I think this is otherwise done.

Doesn't scrunch up as tight as an MP5K, but with the stock out and suppressed it's in the ballpark.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a soft spot for the SRS. I wish I had picked one up.

Very tastefully done!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I have a soft spot for the SRS. I wish I had picked one up.

Very tastefully done!
    Thanks, UW.

The SRS was inspired by Sicario

I picked up a used on Gunbroker. I tend to like EOTechs over RDS, but I like the big window on the SRS. The controls suck, but Trijicon *almost* got this right. I think they gave up on it too soon and if they addressed some of the common complaints I think this would have done a lot better in the market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So how is it with the 6” barrel? Assume your only shooting it with a can?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    So how is it with the 6” barrel? Assume your only shooting it with a can?
    Actually, primarily built it up to be a non-NFA shooter for a vehicle gun. I wanted a linear comp anyway so was pretty happy when I realized that GA makes a taper mount liner comp.

Put some rounds through it over the weekend More fireball than I was expecting but functions fine with S&B 125 gr and my 110gr reloads. My 220 gr reloads were short stroking, though. If I add powder they'll go super in my 8", so not sure what I want to do here. Will try out some factory subs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Actually, primarily built it up to be a non-NFA shooter for a vehicle gun. I wanted a linear comp anyway so was pretty happy when I realized that GA makes a taper mount liner comp.

Put some rounds through it over the weekend More fireball than I was expecting but functions fine with S&B 125 gr and my 110gr reloads. My 220 gr reloads were short stroking, though. If I add powder they'll go super in my 8", so not sure what I want to do here. Will try out some factory subs.
    Gun is looking great!

What buffer weight do you have in there and if you don't mind, what is your load data for the subs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Gun is looking great!

What buffer weight do you have in there and if you don't mind, what is your load data for the subs?
    It's supposed to be a standard carbine buffer, but I'm going to weight it to double check as I just grabbed it out another build without paying too much attention.

The subs are 220 grain from Berry's Bullets with 10.0 gr of H110