Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy $$$ Build

Downloads
    Uploads
    The weight and accuracy. Cool factor doesn’t hurt, but mostly because the accuracy reports I’ve found are amazing, thermal shift doesn’t seem to be a thing, and it weighs 28oz.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also... I guess if I’m willing to wait I found a place out of state where I could get 10% off.... so that would put it at around $720 bucks (the place I canceled from was in state so after taxes I was at $850).

So, maybe I just need to order from there, chill and be patient.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reading back over your criteria, I think you should get the proof. I don’t think you’d be satisfied with anything else for this build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Reading back over your criteria, I think you should get the proof. I don’t think you’d be satisfied with anything else for this build.
    You know, after thinking about it more I think you’re right. Also occurred to me that some of y’all have waited a year or over for suppressors before... what’s 14-16 weeks?

Still waiting on the art and and multicolor anodized gas block anyways.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hm, well apparently I can attach photos with the new iPad...

Anyways, so I’ve got my LMT E-BCG back from Mad Custom coatings. Looks great! Except for this...

Name:  95EC4E5C-4E31-4279-BA25-018FD8A0F26C.jpeg
Views: 351
Size:  467.5 KB

Is this roughness going to cause a problem? Uneven load on the bolt face or lugs or anything that would effect accuracy? Do I need to email them back with a pic and “WTF” and have the bolt redone?
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    The weight and accuracy. Cool factor doesn’t hurt, but mostly because the accuracy reports I’ve found are amazing, thermal shift doesn’t seem to be a thing, and it weighs 28oz.
    They’re not consistently accurate.....not worth it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    They’re not consistently accurate.....not worth it.
    Honestly, I can get more than 2 UltraMatch Barrels from Rainier for the cost of a Proof. Is it twice the barrel?

Aragon, if you want it, you should get it. I personally don't see the value, but I know what it's like to want something, settle for something else temporarily, and then have to buy it in the end. Costs you way more money not to get it the way you want it in the first place. Scratch that itch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hm, well apparently I can attach photos with the new iPad...

Anyways, so I’ve got my LMT E-BCG back from Mad Custom coatings. Looks great! Except for this...

Name:  95EC4E5C-4E31-4279-BA25-018FD8A0F26C.jpeg
Views: 351
Size:  467.5 KB

Is this roughness going to cause a problem? Uneven load on the bolt face or lugs or anything that would effect accuracy? Do I need to email them back with a pic and “WTF” and have the bolt redone?
    I would definitely contact them and have them re-coat it. I have had two complete BCG coated by them in the past and nothing like that ever showed up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I would definitely contact them and have them re-coat it. I have had two complete BCG coated by them in the past and nothing like that ever showed up.
    Yeah, I’m going to. They’re closed Sunday's so it’ll be tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll even be able to get it out in the mail tomorrow too.

Tact, you mentioned Proof barrels not always being consistent. Tell me about this. I’ve been scouring the Internet looking for an anecdote about this and can’t seem to find anything but praise and tight groups. Closest I’ve found was with XM193.... or possibly XM855 (pretty sure it was 193), and grouping about 1.5 MOA, but around 1/2 MOA with the same barrel and March ammo.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I’m going to. They’re closed Sunday's so it’ll be tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll even be able to get it out in the mail tomorrow too.

Tact, you mentioned Proof barrels not always being consistent. Tell me about this. I’ve been scouring the Internet looking for an anecdote about this and can’t seem to find anything but praise and tight groups. Closest I’ve found was with XM193.... or possibly XM855 (pretty sure it was 193), and grouping about 1.5 MOA, but around 1/2 MOA with the same barrel and March ammo.
    I’ll send a PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, after thinking about it more I think you’re right. Also occurred to me that some of y’all have waited a year or over for suppressors before... what’s 14-16 weeks?

Still waiting on the art and and multicolor anodized gas block anyways.
    Mine came straight from Proof after 9 weeks and they quoted me 14.

It’s a stainless barrel, not a CF, and I got it for a good price. It honestly doesn’t seem that heavy for a 20” barrel and there’s ZERO recoil/muzzle rise with the brake and gas combo

My first three round and five round groups during break in were 1/2” @ 100yds. I think I’m going with 24.3gr Varget and 77gr SMKs

I need a 15” Geissele rail in place of the 13” now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Former that’s gorgeous! Groups are in line with what I’ve been reading as well. I’ve got another order in for a CF, $719 with a code so significantly cheaper than what’s generally out there. What muzzle device is that? That’s a suppressor mount right? I’m probably going to end up with an EFAB.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tact, I went to send you a reply but your PM’s are full.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Former that’s gorgeous! Groups are in line with what I’ve been reading as well. I’ve got another order in for a CF, $719 with a code so significantly cheaper than what’s generally out there. What muzzle device is that? That’s a suppressor mount right? I’m probably going to end up with an EFAB.
    Griffin’s single chamber brake w/taper mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tact, I went to send you a reply but your PM’s are full.
    Sorry.....made some room.