Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Crazy $$$ Build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Page one... That was such a long time ago. I thought you werent happy with the fit and finish on them and was considering an alternative. Ya gotta admit this build is like an on going saga, in a good way... With so many twists and turns its a real nail biter.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There definitely are some tooling lines visible through the cerakote. However, I actually kinda dig the aesthetic along with the slightly charcoal color and think it’ll pair awesome with the engravings and give it a real neo-industrial vibe.

Also, build wise it still gives me exactly what I want. Lightening features, no ambi, and true free float barrel.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    You have it completely backwards, if you are talking about durability.

It is fine for a hobby grade AR.
    Putting a heavier buffer alone does nothing to address the issue at hand; it just helps mitigate the negative side effects of said over-gas by reducing dwell time and, especially on a duty weapon that’s fouled up after a high round count firing schedule, having the heavier reciprocating mass ensures ejection and bolt closure. I didn’t say that heavier buffers didn’t have a purpose, I just said they don’t address the issue of gas like an AGB does.

I understand most people (myself included) with duty rifles don’t have the ability to change out the gas block (since it’s an issued weapon versus personally owned) so swapping out the buffer is an easy and allowable/undetectable option.

If it’s a personal rifle and not used “on the job”, fine tuning it with an AGB in no way decreases durability/reliability. Also, I’ve never swapped my buffers for lighter ones to reduce recoil like a lot of people do when running AGBs, in fact I generally use an H1 buffer with a Geissele braided spring but I don’t go heavier than that and haven’t needed to

Downloads
    Uploads
    So here’s another question. Is there any real reason to use or consider a visible laser? I’ve never been able to think of one save for possibly training, or bedside usage for people who need corrective lenses.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    So here’s another question. Is there any real reason to use or consider a visible laser? I’ve never been able to think of one save for possibly training, or bedside usage for people who need corrective lenses.
    Fort Tom started a thread about lasers not long ago. Lots of information there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I followed that. All I really got from it was depends on environmental’s, may be complimentary to other sighting systems. More at home on rifles.

Guess what I’m looking for is if there’s a good reason TO or NOT TO use one.

Main sighting system is going to be a Kahles 1-8x
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I followed that. All I really got from it was depends on environmental’s, may be complimentary to other sighting systems. More at home on rifles.

Guess what I’m looking for is if there’s a good reason TO or NOT TO use one.

Main sighting system is going to be a Kahles 1-8x
    That other thread was for pistol, wasn't it? And now we're talking carbine? I don't run lasers at all, except mounted to the heads of sharks in my evil lair, but isn't the main use of laser on carbines for IR and night vision? Otherwise, the only other reasons I'd consider a laser are psychological (no one likes a laser dot illuminating their sternum) or if I thought I'd have to be shooting but couldn't be "behind the gun", which isn't a scenario I actually plan for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use 00 Buck when I don't have my contacts in. [8D]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I settled on and purchased a barrel. 5-7 weeks out supposedly.

Black River Tactical CHF 12.5” with their EXC gas system.

Should be pretty sweet.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice

That’s not too bad of a wait.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All parts are finally in hand, save for the suppressor. All that’s left now is to send the barrel for cerakote and for the stamp to clear.

Sizing the artwork took a painful amount of attempts, but looks sick!

Name:  54CA9B0B-A9F0-49EA-ABF2-45F7EECC1E44.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  825.4 KB

Name:  D1E9FE4F-FE49-45F2-AEA2-54C5F6F1CD37.jpeg
Views: 192
Size:  1.04 MB
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it! Is that a cartoon girl or anime or something? Or just some random broad?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You’re not far off actually. It’s based off Angel from the Borderlands series of games. Thought her character was a good match for the neo-industrial look of the receives. That’s also why the upper got a wing.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah yes Borderlands! Been a while but I see the resemblance. Nice work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks fantastic, Aragorn!!! I've done 2 builds with laser work (not nearly as artistic and refined as yours) and I've been really pleased with the outcome. Your build inspires me to get going on some projects I have planned. Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk