Downloads
    Uploads

Fortis K2 locking castle nut (end plate)

I recall some time ago, there was a some discussion about these here, but don't recall the specifics, and can't find it here. I just ordered one of these because I hate staking the nut into place and screwing up the threads on the buffer tube.

I'm ordering the K2 with the locking lever. Now that some time has gone by since their introduction, has anyone tried one? Any issues to be aware of? Gimmick or
    Godsend?

Thanks
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have three of the K1 versions, but have not tried the K2. I know, that doesn't help. But, I am not unhappy with the K1. It seems to work. Having said that, not sure why K2 was introduced since the K1 works so well. Am I missing something?
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the breakdown:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. Thanks UW!
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve had no problems with the Fortis or the other locking type (I forget which) used. With so many spare nuts and plates I usually just stick with the standards.

Like fancy takedown pins it’s hard to justify the extra $$, but sometimes you just wanna which is good enough reason in my book.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    I have three of the K1 versions, but have not tried the K2. I know, that doesn't help. But, I am not unhappy with the K1. It seems to work. Having said that, not sure why K2 was introduced since the K1 works so well. Am I missing something?
    I haven't tried either, but there's no staking involved with the K2 and it's easily removed by turning the tube slightly clockwise and using the lever to release the nut by hand, doesn't wear out and no staking. I'll let you know if it gives me warm fuzzy feelings when it get's here, or if it's just gimmicky.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    As much as I like Fortis products, I'm not sure if aluminum castle nuts are the way to go on a hard use gun, duty grade, life saving gun. Granted, like the video said, they haven't had one fail to their knowledge. I have several and they've haven't failed either. BUT.... Something about a steel castle nut with proper staking. Maybe that's my inner Will Larson talking... plus a regular castle nut is $3.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a k2, no issues in a couple years but I don't run it hard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    As much as I like Fortis products, I'm not sure if aluminum castle nuts are the way to go on a hard use gun, duty grade, life saving gun. Granted, like the video said, they haven't had one fail to their knowledge. I have several and they've haven't failed either. BUT.... Something about a steel castle nut with proper staking. Maybe that's my inner Will Larson talking... plus a regular castle nut is $3.
    Well, the K2 with the locking lever , I would guess might be the weakest link, I don't know. These day's I haven't done much "rough running and gunning" but I still want it to hold together as far as any emergency, no matter how intense it might be, so I'm with you there UW. As far as the 3 buck locking ring and a good hard tap with a punch, well I was stupid enough to try a $15 dollar beer the other night..... with an offer to buy a '4 pack', I guess I never learn. And I did pass on the $60 4 pack.

P.S. Did Biden just call me a terrorist??
    Last edited by FortTom; 5 September 2022 at 10:05.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger