Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy $$$ Build

Downloads
    Uploads
    looks great.

as for the stainless barrel instead of their carbon fiber offerings, is there anything about their stainless barrels that make them very different from a standard higher end stainless offering from other places?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing like waiting weeks and weeks and weeks for a Proof barrel... just to have them send you the wrong one...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Nothing like waiting weeks and weeks and weeks for a Proof barrel... just to have them send you the wrong one...
    We talking like they sent you a 16" instead of an 18" type mistake... or the entirely wrong caliber?

Downloads
    Uploads
    More like the first. Wrong gas system. They’re already working on it, but I’m not feeling hopeful that they have the correct one in stock in this environment. Just hoping I don’t find myself at the back end of another 8-12 week waiting period again.

Still waiting on the multi color anodized gas block from SLR. The one I ordered in May. I’ve been told a couple times by them that it’ll be on the next production run. Last month they told me two more months, but I’m having a hell of a time believing they haven’t ran gas blocks since May. Honestly I think they’re just hoping I forget about it at this point. Irritating.

Muzzle device is in the mail, a Rugged Flash Hider Suppressor Mount for the Rugged Radiant I have in jail, though truthfully that suppressor is more for my .300. Still want to be able to mount and use it on this.

Receivers are at the engravers for the laser engraving (which is going to be freaking sick) and hoping to have them back this week.

Just leaves the Kahles which I’m hoping to order next month.

So, various stages of disarray, but getting there. Kind of.

On a notification list for a KAC bipod. Throw a small pic section up front and then should be able to quickly reconfigure from End of the World Race Recce to Mini SASS. Or something like that.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m pivoting on this. Going to Form 1 the lower and SBR it. What are opinions on 11.5” vs. 12.5” barrels? Still looking to be lethal at 4-500y with 75-77gr. ammo. No other changes planned.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    12.5 is considered the best all around length. Do it! And since you want to spend crazy $$, consider the Hodge barrel.

I think proof still has an 11.5 if you want to go proof route though I wouldn’t for a do-all rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I’m pivoting on this. Going to Form 1 the lower and SBR it. What are opinions on 11.5” vs. 12.5” barrels? Still looking to be lethal at 4-500y with 75-77gr. ammo. No other changes planned.
    500 yards with a 12.5" barrel? Doable but lethality is another question.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    500 yards with a 12.5" barrel? Doable but lethality is another question.
    I wish they would have used 75-77 gr. ammo for this review. It's not apples-to-apples to Aragorn's specs, but from my understanding of other reviews - those heavier bullets should be lethal out of the 12.5" barrel at 400 yrds for sure; potentially out to 500.

https://youtu.be/SdTNUvV9KyM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had thought something like Mk262, IMI 77gr. Razorcore, or Hornady 75gr. Frontier should perform at 500y. Maybe I need to look at that data little closer. I’m leaning 12.5” for sure. Looking at the BRT 12.5” and the Hodge.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    12.5 is considered the best all around length. Do it! And since you want to spend crazy $$, consider the Hodge barrel.

I think proof still has an 11.5 if you want to go proof route though I wouldn’t for a do-all rifle.
    I agree with this.

Hodge 12.5 would be sick if you can find one. A Triarc or Noveske Crusader would also be in consideration if I was doing this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah that’s why I’m also looking at the BRT. Those barrels are made by Triarc, just to a different profile and a different gas port location.

Anyone have first hand experience with the Hodges? I read that they last forever and are reasonably accurate and supposed to be badass.
    Last edited by Aragorn; 9 November 2020 at 11:15.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is a suppressor gonna live on it?

I’d opt for a 11.5” BRT and then a triarc second.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It’ll be suppressed a good portion of the time. Really though my bigger concern is effective range vs. length. I really want to hit that 4-500y range with good effect.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I’ve been doing more digging on this Hodge barrels. Def in the market for one now.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not the 12" but the 14" is in stock.
    https://www.optactical.com/hode5nabar.html
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.