Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I keep going back and forth on 6ARC. Some days I really have talked myself into rebarreling a 5.56 rifle and going that route then other days I figure why get into a new caliber and I should really just spend the money upgrading and stockpiling for what I currently own

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I keep going back and forth on 6ARC. Some days I really have talked myself into rebarreling a 5.56 rifle and going that route then other days I figure why get into a new caliber and I should really just spend the money upgrading and stockpiling for what I currently own
    I think in a couple of years when the newness wears off and the next big thing comes along you'll look back at that thing in the safe and be glad if you don't.FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    These last two posts nailed it for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I think in a couple of years when the newness wears off and the next big thing comes along you'll look back at that thing in the safe and be glad if you don't.FT
    True but also sometimes it is fun to mess with new stuff. That's why it is called a hobby.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    True but also sometimes it is fun to mess with new stuff. That's why it is called a hobby. Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Yep.....
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    With 95% of the stuff I look at it comes back down to this exact same thing. With the 6 ARC though, at least for me, it fills a huge hole in the line up. For the longest time I was plotting out doing a .308 build but that kept getting pushed back for a whole host of reasons. Eventually when I was in a position to realistically purchase something the 6 ARC was out.

To me it fits perfectly into my line up. By that I mean I try to build rifles with a specific purpose and I didn't have anything in that area of performance. Also I have parts compatibility with everything which the planner/prepper side of me likes a lot. I did buy a couple of spare bolts from the get go (not the whole carrier) just in case...but aside from that it is all standard stuff.

While I do like that area of performance of the cartridge itself, but for me that's not the only reason I got into it. It does check those boxes, but it ALSO checks the other ones that are more logistically related too.

Plus the outlay of initial cost was overall less going with the ARC vs something bigger and the recurring cost is much less as well. Even things like having to buy tools to work on the thing(s) was considered... nobody thinks about that usually.

For me it was a no brainer when I looked at in the sum total of what I got vs trying to build something in 6.5 or .308.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be practical in terms of a lightweight 6mm semi auto build I could hunt with but I think a lightweight .308 like a Bergara B14 Ridge Carbon and a Leupold VX6HD is calling my name instead

Downloads
    Uploads
    This, and Rich’s point to a tee. Who needs another mouth to feed.Im still having trouble justifying a 6.5 CM upper for my AR-308 when I can shoot moa with what I have and where I mostly shoot. The upgrade industry is having less influence on me to run out and get the latest, greatest thing; I win!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    This, and Rich’s point to a tee. Who needs another mouth to feed.Im still having trouble justifying a 6.5 CM upper for my AR-308 when I can shoot moa with what I have and where I mostly shoot. The upgrade industry is having less influence on me to run out and get the latest, greatest thing; I win!
    ^^ all of that.

I'm reducing my 308 usage to just one rifle for it and every time I come around to thinking that 5.56 isn't enough, I go ahead and do a recce rifle course, a gas gun PR match, or thin some yotes and realize that my decision making was being influenced by those that are either fans of or trying to be influencers themselves. I'm not saying new things are bad because in reality they are not. But for what I already have and am feeding, it's just smarter especially in today's economy to just stick with what I already have that's in a modern platform.

And I too am finding the more I'm away from YT, TOS, or arf and even Insta to an extent, the less I am being grifted IMO.

I honestly wish 6 ARC to succeed but it's just not for me currently the more I thought about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's another thing that went into the plus column for the 6ARC.

I literally have probably 50-60lbs of powder (or maybe more than that) that is 100% interchangeable with .223 and the 6 ARC. Same with primers.

The 6 ARC just fit in seamlessly with almost everything I already had logistically speaking. So in that regard my choice in some ways didn't hing at all on proving how ballistically superior X is to Y.

For me it was really obvious that it was a good way to solve a problem in my lineup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post

I literally have probably 50-60lbs of powder (or maybe more than that) that is 100% interchangeable with .223 and the 6 ARC. Same with primers.

The 6 ARC just fit in seamlessly with almost everything I already had logistically speaking. So in that regard my choice in some ways didn't hing at all on proving how ballistically superior X is to Y.

For me it was really obvious that it was a good way to solve a problem in my lineup.
    Same with my .308 and .223. Varget, RE15, 2000MR, TAC, CFE…

And if I got small primer 308 brass I’d have that covered too

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post

Oh, it 100% makes sense for you, as a reloader to experiment. It’s just steep for me whether I buy off the shelf, or take up reloading. I’ve been on that fence so long I’ve decided I’m just too damn old to take on the frustration of multiple learning curves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m just too damn old ...........
    Yeah, that's it...
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey now!

Downloads
    Uploads
    On closeout if anyone wants a short barrel.

https://faxonfirearms.com/faxon-matc...-ar-15-barrel/

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk