Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I appreciate the suggestions, but am not interested in eighty seven different calibers. I just want something in an AR15 platform, that uses already being made ammunition, and has some chance of being produced in bulk. There's Hornady, and AAC, PSA's ammo company, is planning on introducing both projectiles, factory ammo, and brass.

I see no use for a 300 BO, and neither for every new flavor of the month, however I do see a use for something with a bit of range punch, that's already being supported, and can replace the 308 range when I need something smaller, more portable, in any situation that an 11.5 SBR in 5.56 just won't do.

And not interested in 6.5 Grendel. Both David Fortier's trolling and toxic personal attacks against 308 users as well as LRRP from arfcom and his crusade to be a missionary that was relentless in being an influencer, has made Grendel obnoxious enough to never want out of spite and because I do not want them to ever think that they've won, even in private and unknown to them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    I appreciate the suggestions, but am not interested in eighty seven different calibers. I just want something in an AR15 platform, that uses already being made ammunition, and has some chance of being produced in bulk. There's Hornady, and AAC, PSA's ammo company, is planning on introducing both projectiles, factory ammo, and brass.

I see no use for a 300 BO, and neither for every new flavor of the month, however I do see a use for something with a bit of range punch, that's already being supported, and can replace the 308 range when I need something smaller, more portable, in any situation that an 11.5 SBR in 5.56 just won't do.

And not interested in 6.5 Grendel. Both David Fortier's trolling and toxic personal attacks against 308 users as well as LRRP from arfcom and his crusade to be a missionary that was relentless in being an influencer, has made Grendel obnoxious enough to never want out of spite and because I do not want them to ever think that they've won, even in private and unknown to them.
    Are Fortier and user LRRP still around? I haven't seen anything from either of those people in years.

If you want something "turn key" then the ARC is probably your best bet. It is almost main stream and I assume Federal, Winchester, Remington etc will intro ammo fairly soon.

Hornady is doing well and riding the success of the Creedmoor cartridges presently. But all this stuff is also essentially the Wild West. 6.8 SPC and Grendel fought it out to be the next best thing. I don't know if either really met the hype and neither are necessarily main stream now. If I was super concerned about future availability I'd probably give the ARC another year to see if these ammo companies are going to get on board.

Black Hills is making ammo BTW.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    Are Fortier and user LRRP still around? I haven't seen anything from either of those people in years.

If you want something "turn key" then the ARC is probably your best bet. It is almost main stream and I assume Federal, Winchester, Remington etc will intro ammo fairly soon.

Hornady is doing well and riding the success of the Creedmoor cartridges presently. But all this stuff is also essentially the Wild West. 6.8 SPC and Grendel fought it out to be the next best thing. I don't know if either really met the hype and neither are necessarily main stream now. If I was super concerned about future availability I'd probably give the ARC another year to see if these ammo companies are going to get on board.

Black Hills is making ammo BTW.

Fortier under his screen name gunwrtr, flew too close to the sun when personally attacking members over surprise surprise, a topic about 308. He took that biz of folks still liking what he didn't like a bit too personal. Definitely has a personality disorder of some type, narcissism is most likely. The other narcissist, LRRP, trying to push 6.5G to make a buck for his 6.5G recipe book, left on his own accord when he bit more than he could chew with his paranormal rants with GD.

Those cartridges fought nothing, it was the fanbase that was doing it. Another obnoxious ford versus chevy debate for the 2A community to eat it's own over. Stupid, and doesn't change anyone's minds really or in my case, makes me not want to.

Yeah I knew about BH making it, probably mostly going to the units with Geissele rifles in 6 ARC that were issued to the SEALs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I am taking the plunge. Baby steps for now. Ordered a Duramag 6.5G 20 and an E-Lander 6 ARC 24 to figure out which is better for my needs, most likely going with a Faxon carbine gas 12.5 if I cannot find a decent mid length 12.5 6 ARC barrel when the funds become available. I am thinking of going with a JP bolt kit in 6.5G because the BCG I'd like to get for is a SOLGW but is a hundred more and I already have a spare bolt carrier.

I probably should try to score some cases of Hornady Black to stash, use some, and farm brass with. This won't be a high or medium volume rifle, just a spare upper option for my SBR 11.5 in 5.56. This will be done as a mini recce companion upper should the need for a small and handier rifle with more range is needed.

I put a 24” Bartlein 6ARC barrel in my buddy’s seekins rifle for him. The duramags he bought functioned a lot better than the E-Landers if I recall. Always some type of feeding issue occurred damaging the, at the time, precious brass.

That rifle was stacking holes at 500yds easily

I’d like to do a 16”-18” 6ARC in place of a 16” 5.56 I have. I’d like a 16” for compactness but I was looking at some velocity data and an 18” keeps the 108s in the low 2600fps range which still has some ass to it. 2400fps range might not be ideal. But a 16” Proof carbon fiber would make a nice gun to carry around in the woods

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well we shall see, if it doesn't work out then some random on Tacswap is going to have something nice to bargain for in trade or sale. Or I'll part out the 6 ARC stuff and convert it to a 12.5 5.56 mine recce in it's place.

I was reading to use an H2 buffer, and that's what's in my SBR right now an H2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    The duramags he bought functioned a lot better than the E-Landers if I recall.
    I have half a dozen E-Landers that I've been using with my 16" Faxon. I have had no issues.

I'm running a VLTOR A5H1 for a buffer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have half a dozen E-Landers that I've been using with my 16" Faxon. I have had no issues.

I'm running a VLTOR A5H1 for a buffer.

Might’ve been through some changes or this one had a bad spring or feed lip problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that I will be going with this BCG for the Faxon 12.5 barrel.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar1...-black-nitride

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that I will be going with this BCG for the Faxon 12.5 barrel.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar1...-black-nitride
    Why not this one?

https://faxonfirearms.com/faxon-6-5-...plete-nitride/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends on whom has it in stock and what the cheapest price shipped will be honestly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depends on whom has it in stock and what the cheapest price shipped will be honestly.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1014830800

Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1014830800

Much appreciated, however I was just gifted the money for this instead so that is what I just ordered from Primary Arms.

https://cmctriggers.com/product/ar15...group-6mm-arc/

Now all I need is the barrel and scope, everything else is here waiting minus the ammo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I think that I may have finally decided on getting the Faxon 12.5 barrel. Had a good talk with Freddie Blish late last night, great guy and very knowledgeable in his instruction to his students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a new one. It might do very well with the 75 and 88 grain bullets.