Downloads
    Uploads

Political Post...

Not meaning to ruin the vibe of the site. I just saw a reference to this and wanted to see if it was real or not.

"As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act."

Sure enough it's all in there, plus some.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your rights are always one election away from going away.

Buy what you need for your entire life as soon as you can. Sucks, but that's the way most of us have been operating under since at least 2008.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Your rights are always one election away from going away.

Buy what you need for your entire life as soon as you can. Sucks, but that's the way most of us have been operating under since at least 2008.
    I agree 100%. I wish I could buy everything I ever needed and wanted, but it would still suck.

Also the way things swing politically speaking is scary. Honestly we could wake up a year from now having a huge problem on our hands.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Makes me love all the gun owners who vote for leftest wannabe dictators. Common thing I hear among them is "Oh they just talk about taking away our guns, just to get votes"; They'll never do it. Bullshit.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    #ineedsmoarguns

Downloads
    Uploads
    Many of us have <far> more guns than we need. I'm using this time to cash out and put that money elsewhere. Personally, with every firearm purchase I learned something. I've been able to distill my interests and needs down to just a few key points and now I can greatly simplify. My "collection" is now more of a "toolbox" with a lot more insight and understanding within.

I'm pretty well set so I'm just focusing on enjoying some of my hard-earned cash. I bought a new mtn bike, extra consumables such as brake rotors, pads, chains, cassettes, brake fluid, etc. I think we'll soon be in a very serious trade war with China, if not something more 'kinetic', and these simple everyday things might become unavailable.

TL;DR: sell all the stuff you don't use and buy everything you think will soon be unavailable or hard to get. I've had good luck with consignment at my LGS ... just sayin'!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    TL;DR: sell all the stuff you don't use and buy everything you think will soon be unavailable or hard to get. I've had good luck with consignment at my LGS ... just sayin'!
    I was curious to hear how you're selling them. I have 2 guns I'd be happy letting go. One isn't worth much, but the other is a M1A Scout that is really tough to figure out market value, even if some things have increased in relative value. And then I get distracted with other internet things and no progress is made.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's true that we all have things we don't truly need. That said that's not the point. If I want 200 guns and I can afford them, and I don't have anything criminally stopping me I shouldn't have to worry.

Nor should my neighbors or friends who might be in the market to buy a gun or ten need to be unduly hindered from doing so.

Really that's an apples and oranges conversation. Having what you want and can practically use is one thing, but having the government threaten to end your right to own and use firearms is another.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Many of us have <far> more guns than we need. I'm using this time to cash out and put that money elsewhere. Personally, with every firearm purchase I learned something. I've been able to distill my interests and needs down to just a few key points and now I can greatly simplify. My "collection" is now more of a "toolbox" with a lot more insight and understanding within.

I'm pretty well set so I'm just focusing on enjoying some of my hard-earned cash. I bought a new mtn bike, extra consumables such as brake rotors, pads, chains, cassettes, brake fluid, etc. I think we'll soon be in a very serious trade war with China, if not something more 'kinetic', and these simple everyday things might become unavailable.

Just stopped in at Rainier and another Local LGS earlier in the week.

Lines out the door, out of stock on a lot of things. If you want to dump something and not take a hit, now is definitely the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like to sell guns to random people I don't know, and in CO now it's <technically> illegal to do so person-to-person, without a background check.

I know the folks at my LGS and I'm happy to have them "filter" potential candidates for me. Now is a great time, for me at least, to unload some excess inventory.

I agree you should keep a few extras, I'm just saying it's a good time to cash out if you have any superfluous stuff, and put that money to more relevant things. I'm not speaking to the political side, that's a totally different conversation. I'm only cashing out some semi-liquid assets, that's all.