Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Radian receiver & LaRue MBT-2S not fitting

I recently purchased a Radian A-DAC lower receiver. I've also got a LaRue MBT-2S trigger that I plan on using with it. Problem is, Radian apparently has tight enough tolerances/adherence to the TDP that the slightly oversized LaRue hammer & trigger pins don't fit. (IIRC, spec is a .154 hole, and the LaRue pins are .155 or .156).

I don't want to mess with the receiver holes, so I'm looking for some genuine Colt hammer/trigger pins since they're the correct diameter. Brownell's & everyone else seems to be sold out. Any suggestions on where I could find a pair of Colt pins?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have another trigger or two to try? I had this happen once on a lower but it was the same with other pins. I took a small piece of emery cloth and rolled it inside the pin holes just a tiny bit and it made the difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Radian should have come with a hammer pin that fits the fancy hole. So all you will need is a pin for the trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne_EWO View Post
    The Radian should have come with a hammer pin that fits the fancy hole. So all you will need is a pin for the trigger.
    Ah, didn't realize it has a proprietary Hammer Pin. Interesting.

All proprietary hardware included (extended bolt catch, left-side magazine release paddle, right-side magazine release button, right-side bolt release paddle, hammer pin)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Ah, didn't realize it has a proprietary Hammer Pin. Interesting.
    It’s only proprietary because it has anti-rotation built into it with the recessed milling on one side. Slick design and simple. I lost one once and Radian mailed me a new one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne_EWO View Post
    And reading this just made my day better...sigh. While the receiver was being engraved, I engaged in some house cleaning & threw away the box it came in. Totally forgot the safety & hammer pin was still inside it. The safety is no big deal - I've got 2 or 3 spare Talons on hand, but I had to call Radian & explain my stupidity. They're mailing me a new hammer pin. Wouldn't even let me pay for it, although I offered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
    And reading this just made my day better...sigh. While the receiver was being engraved, I engaged in some house cleaning & threw away the box it came in. Totally forgot the safety & hammer pin was still inside it. The safety is no big deal - I've got 2 or 3 spare Talons on hand, but I had to call Radian & explain my stupidity. They're mailing me a new hammer pin. Wouldn't even let me pay for it, although I offered.

Awesome, glad you were able to get that fixed.

I put a Mega trigger into mine (came with a pin). Used a BCM hammer I had laying around.

If yours has trouble getting a standard pin in it could be a little bit of overspray from the Cerakote in the pin hole.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can verify that it works with a Geissele SSA-E trigger. It's a sneaky mofo with that bolt catch release halfass in the way.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    For what you paid for the receiver, they can afford to cut a hammer pin loose, here and there.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!