Downloads
    Uploads

Question Light-Bearing Kydex Holster

Howdy! Long time since I've been around these parts.

I have recently been in the market for a holster for my Glock 19 that is compatible with a Streamlight TLR-1 HL attached. For my first light compatible holster, I wanted a standard, OWB, kydex holster (much like the Raven Phantom that I own).

I did not take this search lightly, and being the market was kind of barren due to the events going on today, I read some reviews on a company I found that was in stock and ready to ship. The reviews, one written by a site I felt was reputable enough, led me to believe this was an outstanding purchase. I ordered the holster, got it in my hands, then noticed what I perceived as a pretty big problem.

My problem is that with the gun fully inserted into the holster, I am still able to stick my finger inside the holster and pull the trigger. My Glock is completely unmodified and the holster was said to be designed for a Gen 3 Glock 19 with a Streamlight TLR-1 HL.

The unlisted video below is a quick video showing how easy it is to reproduce this, and was also sent to the manufacturer.

My question is whether or not this is a big deal or am I making it out to be more serious than it actually is?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That seems like a problem... I get a Kydex Holster isn't going to be some Level 3 Retention Safariland Duty Holster, but it should at least protect the trigger guard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This was my thought. I emailed the company about this and they offered to send a replacement, but they noted that the gap might not be different on it since they use a computer to cut the kydex.

At this point, I might seek a refund and go with the Raven Concealment Perun.

My concern is that this company, which I've seen people recommend and review (surprisingly not on here it seems), simply doesn't care about safety. My history with leaving negative reviews on social media and company websites is that they just get removed or never approved, hence the reason I posted this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It just seems like, with so many other Kydex options out there, why "settle" when you can get what you want elsewhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    It just seems like, with so many other Kydex options out there, why "settle" when you can get what you want elsewhere.
    This.

Kydex Holster makers are a dime a dozen. Spend your money on some quality stuff.... look around, tons of them have solid reps.

Personally, I like the RCS holsters, still use 3 of them. Lately, I've been using a semi-local guy, Black Label Holsters.