Troy Rear buis
    Aimpoint Comp ML3

Still undecided on

Aimpoint mount
    Grip
    Rest of the lower parts
    BCG
    Charging handle

Any recommendations for the items I haven't decided on, and opinions of hte build would be appreciated.

What am I missing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am partial to the BOBRO aimpoint mounts but there are many nice choices out there.
    I've always have like the Tango Down, Ergo.
    With a RIS type barrel, you can consider a high quality Young NM carrier but they are extremely hard to come by. Any BCG as long as the bolt is fitted to the barrel should work great.
    I am a huge fan of the new LMT charging handles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by shadco View Post
    So I'm thinking a building another AR this spring and summer

My thoughts are running along the lines of

Noveske Lower
    Geissele SSA trigger group
    Noveske N4 Recce upper
    DD M4A1 RIS II FSP Rail Dark Earth
    Vltor Emod Milspec stock Dark earth
    Noveske QD End Plate
    Troy Rear buis
    Aimpoint Comp ML3

Still undecided on

Aimpoint mount
    Grip
    Rest of the lower parts
    BCG
    Charging handle

Any recommendations for the items I haven't decided on, and opinions of hte build would be appreciated.

What am I missing?

Sounds like a very nice build, the Bobro mount is unlike anything else, and is worth a long hard look.

Here are a few threads on the Bobro....

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ighlight=bobro

For grips, I've always been a huge Magpul MIAD fan because of the way it fits my hand. Below are some reviews on why I like it, but I'll also admit that the Magpul MOE grip fits my hand just as well, and is a one piece unit that is a little cheaper (not that the couple bucks matters that much).

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ht=Magpul+MIAD

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ht=Magpul+MIAD

For BCGs, I am a great fan of the LMT, then the CMT MP versions next. The YM are another BCG that I would run without hesitation. We are starting the testing on the Fail Zero BCG, but can't give any real world feedback as of right now. There are a couple new BCGs coming out onto the market that we may also be testing, but that isn't confirmed yet.

The LMT Charging Handle is a great one, the latch sticks out enough, but not too much. If you are running a can, I would suggest the very expensive PRI gas buster, primarily because it works so well in diverting blowback.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to be totally unhelpful here, but I think we often work up lists like this without really having a clear vision of where it is that we want to end up, or what the purpose of the carbine in question is to be; as such, we end up getting bogged down with relatively minor decisions while often overlooking our major objectives.

I'm not suggesting that you've done that here -- not at all -- but some of these choices will inevitably be driven by your purpose(s) for the carbine. From what I've gleaned so far, we're in "all purpose territory" with a 16" barrel, a 1:1 optic choice and no special bells or whistles.

A few thoughts:

Noveske Lower = doesn't really matter very much, but I share your preference for this particular starting point.
    Geissele SSA trigger = This isn't an SPR, so I probably wouldn't bother with a non-stock trigger. My choice -- not yours.
    Noveske N4 Recce upper = Going with the best barrel that money can buy on a mid-length gas system is never a bad idea.
    DD M4A1 RIS II FSP Rail Dark Earth = DD is, of course, solid. Color is a non-issue to me.
    Vltor Emod Milspec stock Dark earth = Not my choice, but certainly a worthy contender.
    Noveske QD End Plate = No direct experience here, but I would do the same.
    Troy Rear buis = No one is beating Troy at their own game here.
    Aimpoint Comp ML3 = Everyone has an opinion on Aimpoints, but this strikes me as a solid selection.

Aimpoint mount = Bobro would be my preference.
    Grip = MOE/MOE+/MIAD are leading candidates here, but a TD would match your EMOD nicely.
    Rest of the lower parts = More than one quality option here, but whatever you do, spend the extra money and get top-shelf parts.
    BCG = Hard to argue against the LMT, but see above.
    Charging handle = See above. There are a lot of different opinions here, depending upon your intended application(s).

Add a light and a sling, and you've got a pretty exceptional do-it-all piece of hardware.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the comments guys, Lots of good ideas and tips.

I decided to go ahead with a complete rifle for now, a DDM4 from Rainier with a DD 12" lite rail, Vlotor emod stock. The buis are still up in the air but it seems like this is a solid all around player. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Noveske barrel to swap into my RRA, and I'll snag a quality bcg when I can for it too. It already has a DD Lite 10 rail, and I've had the standard bcg massaged alreay.
    Shad
    ------
    I knew where I was when I wrote this..
    I don't know where I am now.

Les Baer PII .45
    STI Duty One 9mm
    RRA CAR A4
    Daniel Defense M4

Downloads
    Uploads
    So much the better -- I think this was probably a wise choice. From where I stand, the only thing that the DDM4 really needs is ammunition. :)

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    So much the better -- I think this was probably a wise choice. From where I stand, the only thing that the DDM4 really needs is ammunition. :)

AC
    I see my pile of Bluebox Black Hills 75gr MHP quivering in the corner.
    Shad
    ------
    I knew where I was when I wrote this..
    I don't know where I am now.

Les Baer PII .45
    STI Duty One 9mm
    RRA CAR A4
    Daniel Defense M4