Downloads
    Uploads

9th Circuit Strikes down magazine limits

I'm not a lawyer and I haven't read all 81 pages... but maybe another freedom week is coming to California.

http://looserounds.com/2020/08/14/br...2nd-amendment/

Downloads
    Uploads
    you have to read the first 10 or so pages. its a huge ruling and I pray one day it'll help those of us in BAN states. sadly, especially after the last Supreme Court inactivity, I have little hope of the courts helping us in the long run

Downloads
    Uploads
    So if the Supreme Court does not hear the case does that mean that it will remain struck down/unconstitutional? Also I love how they mentioned the puckle gun
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    So if the Supreme Court does not hear the case does that mean that it will remain struck down/unconstitutional? Also I love how they mentioned the puckle gun
    I have a friend that practices law out there. I asked him this question so I will see if he responds in a timely manner.

There are a lot of procedural things that go into this stuff so it's best to ask a professional.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Californians have basically crashed the Brownells site buying up any and all magazines. LOL Just what the gun industry needed during the already crazy pandemic. #GoFreedom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    My understanding this was some sort of partial ruling by 3 judges. Will be appealed to the whole 9th circuit next.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Per my lawyer friend if this came from a 3 judge panel the losing party can request an en banc review from a larger panel. After that it's straight to the SCOTUS.

I'm not buying any mags now and for a while, not that I need any but I want to make it easier for those behind enemy lines. If people local to me need one or two I can hook them up and replenish later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good on Judge Lee.
    "California's near-categorical ban of LCMs [large-capacity magazines] infringes on the fundamental right to self-defense," Judge Kenneth K. Lee wrote in the majority opinion.

"It criminalizes the possession of half of all magazines in America today. It makes unlawful magazines that are commonly used in handguns by law abiding citizens for self-defense. And it substantially burdens the core right of self-defense guaranteed to the people under the Second Amendment."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good legal advice for CA residents:

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/cal...1973_a1c641db5

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Per my lawyer friend if this came from a 3 judge panel the losing party can request an en banc review from a larger panel. After that it's straight to the SCOTUS.

I'm not buying any mags now and for a while, not that I need any but I want to make it easier for those behind enemy lines. If people local to me need one or two I can hook them up and replenish later.

thats pretty much the route it would take. if en banc is denied and the supreme court refuses to hear it, then mag limits are still enforceable outside the 9th circuit's jurisdiction

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n4p226r View Post
    thats pretty much the route it would take. if en banc is denied and the supreme court refuses to hear it, then mag limits are still enforceable outside the 9th circuit's jurisdiction
    I would take it if that's what ultimately transpires. California is a big one to be struck down. There are also a ton of loons in the PNW. I am not sure of magazine limits in other places, but leftists in Nevada, maybe Oregon, and Washington probably won't be too pleased... but eff those guys.

I am not sure where else has magazine restrictions but if this holds it certainly won't hurt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I would take it if that's what ultimately transpires. California is a big one to be struck down. There are also a ton of loons in the PNW. I am not sure of magazine limits in other places, but leftists in Nevada, maybe Oregon, and Washington probably won't be too pleased... but eff those guys.

I am not sure where else has magazine restrictions but if this holds it certainly won't hurt.
    a win is a win. take what we can get.

for those wondering, this is where the 9th circuit covers
    District of Alaska
    District of Arizona
    Central District of California
    Eastern District of California
    Northern District of California
    Southern District of California
    District of Hawaii
    District of Idaho
    District of Montana
    District of Nevada
    District of Oregon
    Eastern District of Washington
    Western District of Washington

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...it_map.svg.pngName:  1024px-9th_Circuit_map.svg.png
Views: 88
Size:  104.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice to see our brothers in CA. finally getting some relief from all the BS. Hopefully this sticks...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As expected. Cali lawyers requested en banc hearing.