Downloads
    Uploads

Best backpack for hunting.

Hi community, I'm looking to get a waterproof backpack. Something that would keep my shells, my gear, and potentially camera completely dry, even if dropped in the water. Looking for any opinions, good or bad, and off course backpack which I can wash in the washing machine....I found few https://simplycarry.com/how-to-wash-...shing-machine/, that anyone might have to share? Thanks.
    Last edited by Inavexedr; 31 August 2020 at 03:25.
    Bobby

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don’t exist. Never seen a fully waterproof pack. Most high end ones don’t even protect against rain without the fly cover on.

I run a Stone Glacier for heavy loads and a Kuiu for up to 4-5 day load and minimal return meat load out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are truly backpacking, don't worry about a waterproof backpack, get waterproof pouches / bags for the things you put in the backpack.

Kayakers use stuff like this: https://www.sierra.com/seattle-sport...edium~p~2579w/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eberlestock M1 Carrier Frame with a pair of batwings and a bunch of dry pouches. If you're packing out serious meat like Elk, or Big Horn, you'll want the carrying capacity and weight distribution that Eberlestock packs are known for. Ghost Ranch is another great choice in that class, but I don't have experience with them, other than guys I hunt with like theirs. Both make great harness/shoulder strap systems that are made for people 6' and taller to get the weight down on your hips. Many of the manufacturers make nice packs, but i can't use them d/t my height; it's no fun running shoulder straps too loose in order to allow the pack to ride on your hips, or cinching the waist belt above your hips!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inavexedr View Post
    Hi community, I'm looking to get a waterproof backpack. Something that would keep my shells, my gear, and potentially camera completely dry, even if dropped in the water. Looking for any opinions, good or bad, that anyone might have to share? Thanks.
    There are many packs that are fully waterproof; the problem is that they aren't really designed for hunting, but more for stuff like kayaking or other watersports, e.g., SealLine. I would agree that a dedicated hunting pack (e.g., Kifaru) combined with dry bags to carry your gear is the way to roll (this is what I do for backcountry camping).