Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    205
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    New pistol build


    Had a lower sitting around for a couple of years, finally started getting parts for it. Not sure what upper yet, but leaning towards 11.5 5.56. Some parts I found sitting around that Ill use but are not pictured are a magpul K grip and an LWRCI enhanced NiBor FCG.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    4,451
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Nice! New builds are always a goodthing.

    An 11.5 is what I want to do next or a 12.5”..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    14,502
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Seems like everyone is out of uppers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    205
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Coming together now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    14,502
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    So what are the upper plans, once you find one?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    205
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Im debating buying a SR-15 CQB or trying to build a 12.5 mini-recce. Triarc and BRT 12.5 mid lengths have caught my interest lately. Never put together an upper before, though.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    205
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Seeing what it looks like with my MK18 upper.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    205
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Made the decision to go with a Triarc 12.5 midlength upper. 10 week lead time, so it'll be a while.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,586
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Calengor View Post
    Made the decision to go with a Triarc 12.5 midlength upper. 10 week lead time, so it'll be a while.
    Plans to run suppressed? That barrel and gas length should be awesome

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,934
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    10 weeks? Man. I’m waiting on a 10.3” .300 barrel from them ordered a couple weeks ago. Wonder if the timeline is similar.

    Mini-Recce’s are sweet. What optic you going with?
    -One Nation, Under God

    -"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    205
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    10 weeks? Man. I’m waiting on a 10.3” .300 barrel from them ordered a couple weeks ago. Wonder if the timeline is similar.

    Mini-Recce’s are sweet. What optic you going with?
    Right now that same barrel is showing a 10 week backorder as well, but you might be OK if you ordered before that was posted on their website.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    14,502
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I have a couple of buddies running Triarc Track barrels. Nothing but good stuff to say about them. Been meaning to try one out when the madness buying dies down. You'll have to give us the range report when you shoot yours.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    205
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Plans to run suppressed? That barrel and gas length should be awesome
    No suppressors yet, but more and more tempting. We'll see when funds become available / I feel like the wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    10 weeks? Man. I’m waiting on a 10.3” .300 barrel from them ordered a couple weeks ago. Wonder if the timeline is similar.

    Mini-Recce’s are sweet. What optic you going with?
    Not 100% sure. Likely going with a T2 on a scalarworks mount I'll pull from another rifle, but a 'cheap' 1-6 is also tempting.

    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I have a couple of buddies running Triarc Track barrels. Nothing but good stuff to say about them. Been meaning to try one out when the madness buying dies down. You'll have to give us the range report when you shoot yours.
    Will definitely report back once it's all here. Really interested in how the 12.5 midlength + warcomp feels and how it compares to my 16" SR-15 with H2 buffer in terms of felt recoil.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Unfree State (MD)
    Posts
    2,660
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    I love my 12.5” Triarc mid length barrel. One of my smoothest running rifles.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    4,451
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I love my 12.5” Triarc mid length barrel. One of my smoothest running rifles.
    I’ve been looking hard at one of their 12.5” suppressed barrels

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •