I am possibly looking for a support bag for the front and rear of my rifle and a shooting mat. I have seen some other products from Cole Tac and I am leaning towards them to some degree but I am open to anything that fits my needs. I would like to get input from anyone who might use them or even another product of equal quality.

I have never used any of these types of products but I will share what I envision in my mind.

-- The mat-- Basically I don't always have a nice grassy spot to lay on. Sometimes I have to lay in the dirt or sand or mud to shoot. Not really a big deal but sometimes I just don't feel like getting dirty. That's the primary objective for sure but if there is any other benefits please let me know.

I see Cole Tac has padded and non padded mats as well as one with wings and without wings. If you've tried either/or please let me know your opinion about those features. I don't have a clue what the wings would be for really.

--The bags-- Again, Cole Tac has a bunch. Usually for this type of shooting I've been using a bipod but I am open to using a bag for support of the front of the rifle, if there are any advantages to that (let me know). Again, that is prone (using the bipod) but lately I've been trying to shoot from weird positions and obstacles as well. I know some bags are meant to say throw over a fence, railing, or a tree branch to allow for better support. There are a number of options but I would like to hear input before I start buying stuff so I can really assess how much I would actually use the stuff before buying it. My knowledge level is about a 1 out of 10 on those kinds of things.

The rear bag is something that I definitely want. I might buy one of those first but I am not really sure of my options. Let me know what you think are some good options.

In the big picture I finally upgraded my optic on my .22 rifle so I am going to be doing a lot more stuff with that which may include learning about PRS or some other types of competitions and maybe set up mini 'stages' in my yard or whatever. I have about 8 or 10 new pieces of steel that should show up in a few days ranging from two inches to 6 inches and at the longest spot I have out to about 300 yards that I can shoot so that could be somewhat interesting and fun.

I am not really a super competition type guy but I figured I could experiment and learn a lot while also shooting for cheap.

Hopefully I can learn a bit in the whole process. The rear bag and also getting out of the dirt and mud is my current priority but I am obviously interested in other aspects too.