Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bipods

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    What bipods can mount directly to an M-LOK or KeyMod handguard? Magpul mounts to M-LOK. Anything else? It's 2020, I shouldn't have to mount a pic rail or sling stud to a KeyMod or M-LOK handguard just to use a bipod.
    Found this. Interesting.

That said I don't like having it 'permanently' attached. By permanent I mean needing tools to put it on or take it off. With a pic rail you just flip the switch and on or off she goes.

https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_ne...k-adaptor.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Found this. Interesting.

That said I don't like having it 'permanently' attached. By permanent I mean needing tools to put it on or take it off. With a pic rail you just flip the switch and on or off she goes.

https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_ne...k-adaptor.html
    Yes, I thought of the QD capability after I posted. I don't see that adapter as having any advantage over a pic rail and I can't think of any good QD mounts for either KeyMod or M-LOK. I hate mounting M-LOK. And while mounting/removing a Harris is tool-less, it isn't exactly "quick".

Downloads
    Uploads
    M-LOK and Keymod are just pic rail attachment options. Both suck for removable accessories.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kinetic Development Group makes a really slick quick disconnect option for Harris bipods to make it easy to transfer from rifle to rifle (or just taking it off for storage or whatever)

GatorDev, here’s the friction/contact mark the right bipod leg on my Harris. There’s significant resistance/dragging when deploying or folding the leg up

The left leg has some similar markings but it’s not as bad

Of course my camera focused on the wrong spot

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. I'll have to look at mine when I get home.

I had a KDG bipod mount that I had planned to use on my Magpul Hunter stock. The KDG wasn't in spec. In all fairness, KDG acknowledged the issue and offered to refund me. Apparently Magpul changed the spec right before release, so KDG got caught short with pre-release production units they didn't know had the potential to be out of spec (doesn't happen on all MLOK, apparently). I'm assuming the issue has been fixed by now. I never bothered to return mine and just threw a pic rail on the stock and it worked fine.