So I think I finally need an AK. I don’t really own much other than a few ARs and would like another caliber. At times when ammo is cheap and easy to find you can get AK ammo. And right now when ammo isn’t cheap or easy to find, it seems you can still get AK ammo.

But I also live in NJ so here is how it has to be neutered.

No folding or telescopic stock
No bayonet lug.
No threaded barrel or flash hider
Pinned muzzle brake.

This usually leaves me looking for 14.5” ARs since most places will pin those. So looking for a pinned AK and I found this.

https://meridiandefensecorp.com/apoc...tilence-rifle/

Now I get that the battle worn look might not be for everyone, and normally it’s not for me, but I kinda like it there. Also their marketing doesn’t do much for me. But the front end is pretty much what I want.

I like the traditional wood furniture. I want the rail’d gas tube for a red dot. And greatly prefer the front sight gas block vs the two separate units

So my original plan was a Arsenal but after compliance work it’s probably the same price. PSA is cheaper, but I’ve had mixed results with quality in my experience on their AR parts.

What else should I look for. This is built off a Romanian kit. If that makes a difference.