Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Where are you seeing these?
    From the source..

https://www.zevtechnologies.com/z17-...e-5th-gen-gray

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of RDS on handguns. However, for me the learning curve was steep. You have to train yourself to look for that dot. I find I have to cant the gun down slightly. Took probably 3k+ rounds for me to get somewhat competent. The groups however, if that's your thing, will significantly tighten up. I prefer the RMR with the 6.5 MOA dot. I've used and shot the 3.5 MOA version and it's definitely harder to pick up the dot.
    I found the learning curve to be steep also. Finally decided it just wasn't for me, personally. No telling how you'll like it. Just hold your breath and try it and hope you find it the coolest thing since sliced bread.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    You're spicy today... but those are G17 slides, I think Joel wanted G19 ones.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops...shit I just seen them on there..maybe they pulled them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Question for the masses. What has been your general experience with handgun compensators? Work? Don't work? Marginal? Great?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I should have said BLACK. Back to looking...
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Question for the masses. What has been your general experience with handgun compensators? Work? Don't work? Marginal? Great?
    Ghey. Buy a long slide, or a race gun.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    They definitely do work, at the expense of window of reliability, along with the potential to be pushed out of battery more easily when doing retention shooting, and the dangerous redirection of hot gasses when retention shooting.

For a good two-handed grip, performance is not particularly noticeably improved, IME, though it'll allow you to put more rounds down range through the day before you feel tired. It does help a fair bit more with SHO/WHO.

This is all assuming you're talking about carry comps, like on a Roland Special. Straight up multi-port competition comps are extremely effective.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Comps are fun to shoot, but for practical purposes, other than a range toy, or maybe competition, I don't see them being part of my EDC. Besides, I'm confident in my abilities with a RDS equipped pistol, and 9mm doesn't need to be comped.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for those replies. I had a case of the insomnia last night so I did an impulse buy. I bought a Griffin threaded barrel that comes with their micro carry comp at a really good deal. I didn't even know they made them to be honest until last night.

Anyway I will drop it in and run it for a while during practice sessions to confirm full functionality over time. Curiosity got the better of me to be honest.

Hopefully surefire will start delivering their new lights (the XSC) within the next few weeks or whatever. They are slow as hell and I am not very patient.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    It does help a fair bit more with SHO/WHO.
    My acronym is weak today.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Expanding a bit on my thought process for good or bad. If something is wrong or you don't agree with it please point out why (so I can learn). Nobody learns by agreeing 100% of the time.

I agree that 9mm is not a monster that needs to be comp'ed. But what I thought about was the total system.

A 9mm out of my 226 is easily controlled but out of a P365XL the gun is substantially smaller and lighter. Basically big heavy gun vs small light gun.

On the videos I watched before buying it says it will reduce felt recoil/flip by around 30%. I don't know what size gun that is on though. That's pretty substantial if it turns out to be true, but I say that in the context of carrying a small gun which are inherently more snappy because of physics.

Plus that comp is really not much bigger that a thread protector. There is very little penalty for the most part.

Just the little comp thing is normally around $60 but I got a threaded barrel and a comp both for around $150 brand new.

I figured why not scratch my curiosity itch and see if it works or not.

Even if I don't carry it I possibly could shoot my 365XL suppressed from time to time. At least it would be an option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought a comp that threads onto the cam lok muzzle device and I tried it out for myself. I personally like it a lot. I can definitely see how some comps might be a pain in the ass or literally over compensate but that one... I like it. Now it's time for me to try out the little one for my carry gun. It won't get here until Friday though but if it works like the one I got a day or two ago it will be a keeper.

After I get used to the optic on my carry gun I am now seriously considering getting my slide cut for my P226. It never ends man. It never ends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo, are you running the Griffin barrel and micro comp on your 365XL? I got that set up from a DVOR sale and gave it a spin today (365XL with Romeo 0). It wouldn't feed reliability, presumable because it dampens recoil enough to cause it to "short stroke", so I think I'd need a lighter recoil spring. I'm curious if anyone else has had that experience with the Griffin Micro Comps or similar setups.