Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
Alamo, are you running the Griffin barrel and micro comp on your 365XL? I got that set up from a DVOR sale and gave it a spin today (365XL with Romeo 0). It wouldn't feed reliability, presumable because it dampens recoil enough to cause it to "short stroke", so I think I'd need a lighter recoil spring. I'm curious if anyone else has had that experience with the Griffin Micro Comps or similar setups.
I tried it out but that barrel isn't part of my EDC primarily because of the holster situation. That being I don't want to buy yet another holster. But who knows. I might buy one just because but it's not a priority.

I still have the barrel and comp though. I never had a single issue with it in mine. Not anything that I can recall at least. I can drop the barrel in and shoot it again tomorrow and I am pretty sure it will run just fine.

Traditionally with a carry gun they usually are the least shot pistols, at least for me. But with my XL it's not that way at all. It's a much more shootable gun, even for fun 'range trips' (which for me consists of getting slightly off the back porch). That said I did some 'custom work' to my pistol. I changed out the trigger and some other springs and such as well as adding an optic, etc. I think it's way better than just off the rack, especially the trigger upgrade that I did.

I say all that to say I didn't just shoot a mag or two through my pistol and call it good. I shot no less than probably 2,000 rounds through it just to confirm everything just during that time frame alone, and that included the Griffin barrel and comp. I probably shot no less than 500 rounds with the comp and didn't have any problem that I can recall. I would shoot a few mags with the regular barrel and then swap it to the Griffin one and shoot a few mags, just to see what the big deal was about comps. I did that across multiple days and I don't think I had a single issue with the gun or anything.

(Yes I can definitively say that comps are effective BTW)

Can I ask what type/grain of ammo you were shooting? If it were me I would think that might have something to do with it. I don't have any 115 grain at all. I have only ever ran 124 grain through my 365XL. I pretty much try to make my practice ammo mimic my target ammo, but who knows.