I have been spending my time doing other stuff rather the building guns and shooting the past couple of months pretty much because I haven't wanted to shoot up my ammo and have been interested in other hobbies since covid (took up motorcycling again!). Well I have a few spare lowers laying around and a few hundred bucks to start building a rifle (but not yet enough to finish).

I am somewhat limited on what to build right now just due to supply but here is my current plan. Not looking to build a $2000 high end rifle. Really looking for just tough parts that can take abuse. I treat all my rifles to easy . I want one that I can tie to the back of my car and drive down the road, toss in a ditch, and shoot with a .22 and still be a functionally accurate shooter.

I have an extra Spikes Don't Tread on Me lower. I found a Grey Ghost upper at my local store (don't know how I found that). Barrels were hard to come by, especially because I have not been terribly excited by my other BA barrel on one of my SBRs and don't want to go BA. I (somewhat) lucked out and found a Rosco Bloodline 16" barrel which is carbine length gas. Would have preferred a middy, but I know that running a carbine gas system it should eat whatever Soviet steel case ammo I can find if pickings are slim. I also found a Midwest Industries Combat M-lok rail at 12.5". I really wanted to run a 15" but couldn't find the 15" in stock at I love the MI Weapon Evolution discount so I got it rather inexpensive as well.

Still need to source a BCG, CH, Trigger, and small parts, but I think it will come together. I was also going to run a Magpul UBR 2.0 because I always wanted to try one and you can't get a tougher stock than that. Probably an EOTech on top. Once its all put together I think I will drown the damn thing in some OD Green Duracoat and call it a day.

Exhausted the budget for now but should be able to get this thing running by Christmas. Always welcome suggestions to get this thing together. Haven't decided on my trigger and stuff yet, but pickings are slim!