Downloads
    Uploads

Ammunition Backlog

I am not sure who has seen this yet but Vista Outdoors said they have over a $1 billion dollar backlog for ammo.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  243.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    For one place I've never even heard of....

I'm neber goona git no more ammo!!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you wait, I feel like you can still find ammo. However, it's going to be expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If you wait, I feel like you can still find ammo. However, it's going to be expensive.
    When everything eventually dies down I think a lot of retailers will be stuck with high dollar ammo.

The last couple of times there was a big run people bought forward delivery of ammo (pay now, delivered later) and they wound up stuck with a lot of inventory that they were upside down on.

That said I recall not too long ago when CCI was giving you $200 cash back for buying primers. I should have jumped on that but it's ok. If they get all the materials for primers and wind up sitting on inventory we could see deals (in the future ) at some point.

No telling when that will be, if ever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    When everything eventually dies down I think a lot of retailers will be stuck with high dollar ammo.

The last couple of times there was a big run people bought forward delivery of ammo (pay now, delivered later) and they wound up stuck with a lot of inventory that they were upside down on.

That said I recall not too long ago when CCI was giving you $200 cash back for buying primers. I should have jumped on that but it's ok. If they get all the materials for primers and wind up sitting on inventory we could see deals (in the future ) at some point.

No telling when that will be, if ever.

With my current inventory of reloading supplies (mainly primers since I can still get bullets and have a good bit of powder) Iíve probably got one more competition season in my future and then Iíll just be sitting on what I have left saving it if I canít replace it.

I hope in six months I donít look back at 1000 primers for $100-$120 as the ďgood ole daysĒ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope that by this time next year you'll be back to reloading your heart out. I'm hoping for another Freedom Munitions. Man, that was good plinking ammo, and the better stuff made decent carry ammo for cheap!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I hope that by this time next year you'll be back to reloading your heart out.
    I'm not a heavy shooter. Since I can shoot at home I typically will shoot 3 or 4 mags once or twice a week, except rimfire which might be several hundred rounds per week. Sometimes I rotate whst i am shooting too.

I am more of a believer in consistency vs quantity. Some people will go shoot 1000 rounds in a day then not shoot again for 4 or 5 months. That's not really my way to go about it.

On my schedule I can load for probably at least two years with just what I have on hand, probably more than that. Two years is a conservative guess. I might have to buy more projectiles in a year from now but that's ok.

In the future though I plan to double my stash of primers if not triple them.

I'm pretty flush for now but I still don't think I should go buck wild shooting more until I can get more supplies as a bigger cushion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don’t feel good with what Ammo I have on hand. Haven’t been shooting really because of it, plus all ranges are shut down and outdoor shooting has been closed all summer.

Don’t have squat for reloading components or setup. As life made ,e purge it years @go adjust have t 100% got back to it.

Sucky