Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    504
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Anyone have any experience with griffin armament lowers

    https://www.rainierarms.com/griffin-...ower-receiver/

    They seem to be in stock and I like the simple font and markings. I decided to pick a lower up for my 458 socom build. Picked up a few other griffin parts too. Grip, buffer tube, QD endplate. Etc.

    The grip is interesting. Kind of a better angle on a a2 style grip with no finger groove. I think it would be better situated if I ever built a retro style AR or dissipator.

    So, anyone have experience with their parts? So far from what I see itís at least above average finish. Iíll post again once I put the lower together.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,249
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    No experience with their lower but other parts are definitely good to go.

    Their bolt carrier group is really good.

    Surprisingly I used to think a buffer tube is a buffer tube, but the one I got from them was way nice compared to the others I've used. Of course that won't make a difference in shooting so much but it definitely shows quality.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    504
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    No experience with their lower but other parts are definitely good to go.

    Their bolt carrier group is really good.

    Surprisingly I used to think a buffer tube is a buffer tube, but the one I got from them was way nice compared to the others I've used. Of course that won't make a difference in shooting so much but it definitely shows quality.
    I thought the same thing about the buffer tube when I got it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    4,516
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    You bought it , then ask about there stuff..lol

    They make good stuff for what it is, not everybody’s flavor.

    458, hope your reloading ..lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    504
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    You bought it , then ask about there stuff..lol

    They make good stuff for what it is, not everybodyís flavor.

    458, hope your reloading ..lol

    haha. funny how that works.

    I wasn't really worried about the lower. I generally bought the lower because the logo and markings didn't annoy me or shout "look at how cheap I can make this AR15". it's a mil-spec lower from a company that actually makes products so I figured I'd be good to go there.

    I was more surprised when I saw the buffer tube and grip. they seem to be slightly higher quality than other simple buffer tubes I've seen.

    as for 458 socom, go big or go home. no I won't be reloading, but I doubt I'll shoot more than 50-100 rounds a year. I just want one.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    4,516
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Why build a rifle that’s only gonna be shot 50-100 rds a year

    Seems silly is all

    Reloading would make it much more shoot able in terms of ammo availability

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    14,576
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I've handled a few stripped lowers at Rainier. They don't seem to be any worse or better than your average lower. If you like the roll mark, rock it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    504
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Why build a rifle that’s only gonna be shot 50-100 rds a year

    Seems silly is all

    Reloading would make it much more shoot able in terms of ammo availability
    I enjoy building and collecting as much as I enjoy shooting. Based on my current living situation, shooting is hard as is. Plus, after a few 5.56 ARs, doesnít everyone have a few they hardly shoot?

    Iíd eventually get into reloading, but even at $2.20 a round I donít have an issue shooting when I want.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,601
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by n4p226r View Post

    I’d eventually get into reloading, but even at $2.20 a round I don’t have an issue shooting when I want.
    Some people felt that comment right in the poors

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    4,516
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,517
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Cheaper ammo = more money for hookers & blow.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    504
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Some people felt that comment right in the poors
    funny. but not what I meant. I don't shoot often enough that the cost of ammo is a big factor. my state makes it too difficult (NJ) and my kids don't leave me enough time. so I say I'll shoot 100 rounds a year. but even if I did 200 rounds, im not going to go broke.

    trust me, people on here spend way more on the hobby than I do. haha.

    plus, even if I don't shoot it more than 100 rounds ever. I still want it. isn't that an excuse enough?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    14,576
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by n4p226r View Post
    funny. but not what I meant. I don't shoot often enough that the cost of ammo is a big factor. my state makes it too difficult (NJ) and my kids don't leave me enough time. so I say I'll shoot 100 rounds a year. but even if I did 200 rounds, im not going to go broke.

    trust me, people on here spend way more on the hobby than I do. haha.

    plus, even if I don't shoot it more than 100 rounds ever. I still want it. isn't that an excuse enough?
    As far as I'm concerned, life is too short to justify purchases that fit in your budget. Can't spend it when you're dead!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    504
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, life is too short to justify purchases that fit in your budget. Can't spend it when you're dead!
    agreed. funny thing, the Joe bob noveske NQR 11" is what started this build to really take off. I just saw yours posted on IG. I think it had a Joe bob left over NQR on it. the mk18 mod1 style build. what great rails for $99


    so back to the original point of this thread. griffin armament parts. I put this lower together with a spare colt lower parts kit, magpul trigger guard (I think) and a griffin a3 grip and an ALG QMS trigger. but immediately I hated the colt safety so I figured, what the heck, and ordered a griffin ambi safety. I like it well enough, it functions fine, but I think the b.a.d.-c.a.s.s. safety I have on my other rifles seem a little sturdier. the griffin isn't bad, but its not the best.

    and now, the lower is done. time to find a bolt carrier and a charging handle and if I'm lucky an affordable used nightforce 1-4 in good shape (not likely)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •