Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah but his original issue was "My eyesight just continues to deteriorate with my astigmatism and red dots just continue to bloom more and more."
    Which is why I believe he opted to go with irons... Besides you'll never have a battery fail, optic breaking, and they are super light weight... Its definitely got some upsides to it...

I built my son his first AR when he was 17, now he just turned 21 and is a recon marine. To this day he still hasn't put an optic on it, he just loves shooting it with the irons. He recently bought a new AR and put a T2 on that one though.
    Last edited by Stone; 6 December 2020 at 18:31.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yeah but his original issue was "My eyesight just continues to deteriorate with my astigmatism and red dots just continue to bloom more and more."
    Which is why I believe he opted to go with irons... Besides you'll never have a battery fail, optic breaking, and they are super light weight... Its definitely got some upsides to it...

I built my son his first AR when he was 17, now he just turned 21 and is a recon marine. To this day he still hasn't put an optic on it, he just loves shooting it with the irons. He recently bought a new AR and put a T2 on that one though.
    I have also tried using a LPVO set at 1x and it is just too heavy for the intended purpose.

Red dots just bloom more and more as my astigmatism progresses. I have what they call an irregular astigmatism which also really can not be corrected via traditional means with lenses unless I go with a hard contact lens. That 2 MOA dot looks like an 8 MOA constellation of stars with tails going in every which direction.

I am thinking about trying out one of those Crimson Trace Linq systems for this rifle to see how that works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    I have also tried using a LPVO set at 1x and it is just too heavy for the intended purpose.

Red dots just bloom more and more as my astigmatism progresses. I have what they call an irregular astigmatism which also really can not be corrected via traditional means with lenses unless I go with a hard contact lens. That 2 MOA dot looks like an 8 MOA constellation of stars with tails going in every which direction.

I am thinking about trying out one of those Crimson Trace Linq systems for this rifle to see how that works.
    I think prior posters have already stated this, but if I had an astigmatism I'd be looking at Holographic and/or Prismatic sights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Trijicon does not make a true 1x and those that do are made in China.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fixed Iron Sights on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Trijicon does not make a true 1x and those that do are made in China.
    So are you saying that no red dots that are true 1x are made in the US? LPVOs? I’m just trying to understand your post since there is very little context to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am talking about 1x prismatic sights.