So. Back in February, I lost my grandfather. He was the only one I ever had, as dad’s dad passed away long before I was even born. My grandad is the reason I’m so into guns the way that I am. Every time we went to visit, it seemed he had a new one, or at least new to him. He used to do a lot of wheelin’ and dealin’. So. When he passed away, he willed to me a 700 BDL Custom Deluxe. I want to get a hold of Remington and see when it was made, as I don’t remember the rifle from when I was younger, but I’m sure he showed it to me and I just don’t remember. Anyway. Chambered in .243 and he put a Tasco scope on top of it. I don’t know if he ever even sighted it at because at 50yds, I was hitting WAY HIGH over the target. So, I obviously dialed it back. Finally got it on paper and proceeded to work with it. This was the first .243 I’ve ever shot, and I didn’t DIAL IT IN. I just wanted to get somewhat close and see what I could do with it. Then, I moved it out to 100yds and set down behind it with a purpose. Being a factory gun, with factory Hornady 95gr SST’s, I’m EXTREMELY happy with it. I guess I got my shooting from him. Hopefully he was looking down on me smiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk