Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

My RRA is finally finished

Finally after 6 months of waiting She's done. Sorry for the Cell phone pics.
    -AAC Blackout FH (coming Monday)
    -RRA Lower, LPK, NM trigger
    -RRA lightweight 1:7 Chrome lined barrel
    -RRA Forgerd upper and BCG
    -YHM Railed Gas block
    -GG&G front and rear BUIS
    -Daniel Defense Omega 7.0
    -Insight Procyon XTI
    -Tango Down VFG
    -Daniel Defense QD sling swivel
    -Eotech 512.a65 rev. f
    -Magpul ASAP
    -Magpul MS2
    -Magpul CTR Commercial
    -Ergo Suregrip
    -Pmags

and for all the RRA staking Naysayers:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a pretty good layout, what are you going with for the sling?

Downloads
    Uploads
    nice.. looks a lot like mine. I am a huge fan of RRA and also have an upper, LPK, 2 stage trigger, trigger guard, stock, etc..

BTW, how can you have GG&G front and rear BUIS when you have a YHM Railed Gas block front flip up sight?

also, on your YHM Railed Gas block front sight, there is that gap between the forend and the gas block where you can see the tube... why? a standard front A2 sight would be flush, no? so why is the YHM no flush?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    nice.. looks a lot like mine. I am a huge fan of RRA and also have an upper, LPK, 2 stage trigger, trigger guard, stock, etc..

BTW, how can you have GG&G front and rear BUIS when you have a YHM Railed Gas block front flip up sight?

also, on your YHM Railed Gas block front sight, there is that gap between the forend and the gas block where you can see the tube... why? a standard front A2 sight would be flush, no? so why is the YHM no flush?
    He has the omega FF fore end. Its made to use with the M4 handguard end cap still on the weapon. He's obviously taken his off and, thus, you see the gap. From what I see, everything looks to be in order.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hozen View Post
    He has the omega FF fore end. Its made to use with the M4 handguard end cap still on the weapon. He's obviously taken his off and, thus, you see the gap. From what I see, everything looks to be in order.
    Correct

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Looks like a pretty good layout, what are you going with for the sling?
    I have a Magpul MS2

Downloads
    Uploads

It is a GG&G flip up sight on a YHM railed Gas block, they are two seperate pieces.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by travclem View Post
    It is a GG&G flip up sight on a YHM railed Gas block, they are two seperate pieces.
    your correct.. on quick hasty glance, I thought that was a YHM 9395 style flip up front block/sight. my bad.
    Last edited by Lex Talionis; 15 May 2009 at 23:52.

Downloads
    Uploads
    your correct.. on quick hasty glance, I thought that was a YHM 9395 style flip up front block/sight. my bad.
    it's cool

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would suggest dumping the YHM clamp-on railed gasblock. Those things love to come loose, regardless of how much loctite you use on them.

Personally, I wouldnt feel comfortable using any clamp-on/bolt-on FSB or gas block unless it was also secured by taper pins. Unfortunately no-one has stepped up to the plate yet and offered a mass produced taper pin folding front site/FSB combo. Vltor released a brochure that listed their VST with a pinned-on version, but nothing has be released by them yet. That would be the ticket for those looking for a folding FSB combo for serious HD use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    I would suggest dumping the YHM clamp-on railed gasblock. Those things love to come loose, regardless of how much loctite you use on them.

Personally, I wouldnt feel comfortable using any clamp-on/bolt-on FSB or gas block unless it was also secured by taper pins. Unfortunately no-one has stepped up to the plate yet and offered a mass produced taper pin folding front site/FSB combo. Vltor released a brochure that listed their VST with a pinned-on version, but nothing has be released by them yet. That would be the ticket for those looking for a folding FSB combo for serious HD use.
    What would you suggest for a railed GB then? I hate the Stock fsb and I dont want the sight on the handguard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    3 of 4 of my ARs have railed gas blocks and I have had no issues with my front sites coming loose after applying loctite--it may be a personal experience thing based on usage. I do know that if you fail to loctite them it takes then very little time to come loose--even the rear sight will. I have YHM flip-ups, but I am waiting for my Magpul MBUS sites...

My Rock River Tactical CAR A4 has a YHM gas-block w/ integrated flip front sight, so no problems there.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why don't you like the stock FSB? It's the most robust, best affixed, and least expensive option.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Why don't you like the stock FSB? It's the most robust, best affixed, and least expensive option.
    your surely right all things considered.. but for me, it never gets used given I use optics.. so it is nice to just want to get it out of the way. Plus as a side benefit, the YHM I seek is the model that has the lower rail, so you could get dual use and a place for a light, laser, bipod. etc. I know you can get rail clamps that attach to the standard A2 front sight to achieve something similar, but I like the idea of just folding it down since it is hardly ever used. That is the real draw.

BTW, this thread is the first I have read of worrying about the YHM clamp coming loose. YHM install instructions mention nothing about loc-tie being needed, not that it would hurt mind you. plus, there are several colors of loc-tite if you were that worried. when/if I can get my hands on the one I want, I plan to install it right up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Locktite, regardless of almost any type used, breaks down under heat. Ever touch a gas block or front sight base after a magazine or two?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET