Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Unfortunately no-one has stepped up to the plate yet and offered a mass produced taper pin folding front site/FSB combo.
    check this out.. GG&G has one

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=39&parents=

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Locktite, regardless of almost any type used, breaks down under heat. Ever touch a gas block or front sight base after a magazine or two?
    sure.. sure... but there is a caveat to about anything really. IF I really had to flip up a hot front sight there is likely a really good reason, and I doubt the pain from doing so will be my biggest concern.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a flipup FSB from GG&G that was pinned in place on my first AR sometime around Y2K. I sent them my upper and they pinned it in place.

My concern for the heat of an FSB that heats up isn't touching it, it's that the Locktite you put on it to secure it will break down under the heat of firing the gun.

You can lead a horse...
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, I understood that part of your comment no doubt & I got your implications.

personally, not worried at all. I will try it and see.

FWIW, check out locktite #272, 266, - high strength and high temp, up to 450 degrees. not so much about how much you use, but what you use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well done. My RRA staking isn't as good as yours but to date I have had no problem. I'd like to get it redone when the opportunity allows but I just checked it the other day and it looks good.
    Now that your gun is all built up I would suggest a new bedspread. Leopard print is so last week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Why don't you like the stock FSB? It's the most robust, best affixed, and least expensive option.
    I dont like it in my eotech picture. Personal preference, thats all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=scumhunter;9955]Well done. My RRA staking isn't as good as yours but to date I have had no problem. I'd like to get it redone when the opportunity allows but I just checked it the other day and it looks good.
    Now that your gun is all built up I would suggest a new bedspread. Leopard print is so last week.[/QUOTE]

Haha thats actually my dogs bed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by travclem View Post
    What would you suggest for a railed GB then? I hate the Stock fsb and I dont want the sight on the handguard.
    Sorry for not following up to your question....

The reason I am against the two piece clamp-on, folding front sight from YHM is because of how it is designed. The bottom clamp is being stressed from both sides by the cross bolts, and I believe this is where the habitual loosening is caused.

The only clamp-on style folding FSB's that I have never seen fail during classes are the Vltor VST-1C and the PRI. My preference would be for the Vltor since the cross bolts can be staked as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i second that i would get rid of the YHM gas block. I had their flip up version and it came loose in under 500rds. It was loctited.