A bit unusual for this forum but:

I booked a pheasant, quail, and other various bird hunts and have always done things the same.

Here's my question. I'm going to use 6's for pheasant (close shots) and 4's for a second shot if I get one at distance. What I normally do is put the 6's in to top barrel and the 4's in the bottom. My new shotgun has the switch to let me choose which barrel fires first. People are giving me all kinds of advice as to what to do, but a lot of them just like to hear themselves talk.

My plan is to use 6's in top and 4's in the bottom like always. On the top I use a modified choke and for a longer shot with the 4's, put a full in the bottom barrel. My rational is I want to turn a bird into McNuggets with 4's on the first shot with a full choke. For the quail and smaller birds 8's and 6's top to bottom.

Any bird hunters out there want to throw any advice out there, or should I just stay home, keep warm, drink beer and buy a bucket of KFC.

FT

I have a 20 O/U but don't like it for pheasant. Especially for longer shots. In my Baretta semi I just use a modified choke and load it two shells at a time, a 6 first then a 4 for a follow up.