Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

WTB Marlin Dark Series

I’m looking for a Marlin Dark Series in 45-70. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    These are insanely popular and even more so in 45-70.

I wish you luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will even take a Dark
    series 30-30, 44 mag or 357 mag at this point

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, Gun Broker sure knows how to pass along that supply and demand pricing.
    Good lord. I think I’d buy a 336 with wood furniture and have a Smith trim the mag tube and thread the barrel. The few that make it to a gun store are clearly getting flipped on here

Name:  B22ED63E-412B-40C9-9BC0-C1CCA9FA2470.png
Views: 276
Size:  643.2 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wtf... can we go back to 2019 please.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got an email for a Henry Big Boy X in .357 yesterday.

They were asking $979.

Of course it's already OOS.

Not sure how comparable that is to the Marlin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't realize those were in such high demand. I just check out gunbroker and couldn't believe what those are going for. I'm looking forward to seeing what Ruger does with the Marlin brand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve been looking for a 30-30 version since they came out and that was before the crazy happened. They were well received right off the bat. I already had the .30 cal can waiting for it and wanted to put a reflex optic on it for tromping in the woods. I learned to hunt with a 1960s JM stamped Marlin 336 30-30 so I want a modern version of it buuuuut they’ve been difficult to come by

I’d honestly go for a .38/.357 model also. 158gr subs would be incredibly fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been wanting a lever gun for a while now, but it doesn't look like one's in the cards. I'm not about to pay those prices for something I won't use as often as my AR's. Got a chance to shoot a buddy's .45-70 336 recently (stainless) and that effer kicks like a mule! AR's make ya soft; get some real recoil in your routine! I've heard of people bitching (mostly people that call us boomers and fudds for owning bolt actions, shotguns and levers) about AR 308's having a kick to them and that's a laugh!

My only gripe about the 336 and recently I saw a Henry with one, is that hugeass strip of 1913 rail on top of the receiver. It'd be nice to have an option of a shorter section, or to have nothing at all, (we don't all mount scout rifle optics) and not look like something's missing. Small gripe, I know, but it just looks weird on a lever action rifle.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Joelski, Look for an older original JM stamped Marlin 336 in a pawn shop. A .30-30 is a fantastic caliber that’s probably killed as many deer as .30-06 and .308

Edit: they’re probably sold out or triple the price also but I’m sure they’re not $3800

Name:  F85A93C3-0D68-43D0-A8CC-D7722484887F.jpeg
Views: 263
Size:  1.09 MB

And yes, even the .30-30s recoil way harder than any AR10 I’ve ever fired lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Well, Gun Broker sure knows how to pass along that supply and demand pricing.
    Good lord. I think I’d buy a 336 with wood furniture and have a Smith trim the mag tube and thread the barrel. The few that make it to a gun store are clearly getting flipped on here

Name:  B22ED63E-412B-40C9-9BC0-C1CCA9FA2470.png
Views: 276
Size:  643.2 KB
    Since Marlin has been bought the prices are ridiculous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehe..I seen this the other day on another forum...silly stuff..

Kinda make me not grabbing one when they were 700 bux though..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lucasmane is a scammer. He should be blocked and his account locked. He sent me a private message saying he had a friend selling a 300 Blackout. I contact his friend set up the deal and they took me for $850. He will not answer my messages and his friend is a liar. I also contacted Tapatalk to let them know. No reply yet but I wanted to get this out to you so he doesn’t scam anyone else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by elongobardi View Post
    Lucasmane is a scammer. He should be blocked and his account locked. He sent me a private message saying he had a friend selling a 300 Blackout. I contact his friend set up the deal and they took me for $850. He will not answer my messages and his friend is a liar. I also contacted Tapatalk to let them know. No reply yet but I wanted to get this out to you so he doesn’t scam anyone else.

Was that on this board? I don't see a member with that screen name.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually I’m pretty sure I saw that name pop up as the “Newest Member” on the homepage not too long ago.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler