Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is anyone familiar with Stage Zero Shooting Supply?

I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus here but I am wondering if anyone has ever had any interaction with this company?

I bought some stuff from them that was listed as in stock at the time of purchase. I completed my purchase November 24th.

It's been going on 3 weeks now and still nada. On Dec 1 I emailed the guy because there was no follow up email sent regarding shipping.

He responded that the inventory was actually out of stock at the time of my order (error on their end). He then said in that same email that he had made contact with the manufacturer and they were sending him out more because they were in stock there (at the manufacturer).

I haven't heard a word from him since. His email came across as very nice and professional and I am giving him a lot of leeway time wise because it's 2020 and my order isn't urgent. I've had other orders take several weeks to ship.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything here. I'm just wondering what a second opinion is or if anyone knows him and can vouch. Everything I've seen online so far gives no real red flags.

Maybe I'm getting a little impatient but I want to ask you guys opinions and see if I should handle it in a different way. The guy came across as super nice so I don't want to give undue grief but at the same time I'm starting to wonder if I should just ask for a refund or file a credit card dispute.

All I'm really after is a general idea of what to expect. He seemed honest but there has been zero contact since then (I did try to email but no response the second time)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Phone contact? 704-363-6658.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Phone contact? 704-363-6658.
    Yup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually spoke to the vendor today. Once again he seemed totally on the level and actually was really nice. He understood why I was calling etc. Apparently someone in the store hand purchased the item at the same time I did it online so it still showed in stock at the time of purchase.

He had a couple of items on backorder at the manufacturer so they were going to wait and send it all at once so that was another delay. He called them and said no, send his now (because they had them in stock now). They basically had to break a shipment in two from OEM to vendor to get my stuff. Again not his fault but that added a few days.

I was just told it already shipped to him and was several days past due (because of the USPS) which is realistic as I am experiencing the same thing with multiple packages myself. Pay for 3 day delivery and it winds up taking 12 days etc...

Anyway the guy answered the phone right off the bat, gave me a status update and apologized for the delays. I can't blame him for the USPS and a series of other things out of his control. He is aware of it and is keeping track so I didn't have any need to press it further. I did however let him know that in another week or so if there is still a problem we might take another route in fixing this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d cut him a lot of slack. An order from a very trusted vendor shipped 12/7 still has not been scanned arrived at the USPS. Vendor said the post office was often forgoing scans and with delays of up to 16 days.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 packages that were scanned and en route now saying they are awaiting the package at USPS. Lol USPS is a shit show.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I cut the USPS some slack too. In a normal Christmas season they have to rent semi trailers about now to temp store the package flood. This year with massive increases in online shopping due to lockdowns and employees out for quarantine a shit show was inevitable.

I’m sure UPS and Fed Ex are handling the problem better with more competent management and no civil service rules. But these days they pawn off a lot of transport via USPS which adds to the congestion.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    I cut the USPS some slack too. In a normal Christmas season they have to rent semi trailers about now to temp store the package flood. This year with massive increases in online shopping due to lockdowns and employees out for quarantine a shit show was inevitable.

I’m sure UPS and Fed Ex are handling the problem better with more competent management and no civil service rules. But these days they pawn off a lot of transport via USPS which adds to the congestion.
    Well said. However, I wouldn't trust anything shipped FedEx Ground right now. The last two years they have absolutely punted any attempt at competence, and I'm sure this year will be the same. FedEx? No issues, but Ground "lost" so many packages in major hubs the last two Xmases, I don't expect any better this year.

As for USPS, I feel for them. Overall, I've had good experiences with them, so the item I've been waiting to get back from D. Wilson Mfg that's taken at least a week of "delayed-ness" is unfortunate, but I get they're struggling. At least it showed up in my city this morning.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Well said. However, I wouldn't trust anything shipped FedEx Ground right now. The last two years they have absolutely punted any attempt at competence, and I'm sure this year will be the same. FedEx? No issues, but Ground "lost" so many packages in major hubs the last two Xmases, I don't expect any better this year.

As for USPS, I feel for them. Overall, I've had good experiences with them, so the item I've been waiting to get back from D. Wilson Mfg that's taken at least a week of "delayed-ness" is unfortunate, but I get they're struggling. At least it showed up in my city this morning.
    Off topic, but I’d appreciate hearing how your order with them turns out. Debating using him for what would be an unusual mod.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I sent out a Trijicon MRO out on November 25th via priority mail. There have been no tracking updates since November 30th where it stalled in Newark, NJ. I filed a missing package report and nobody contacted me. I refiled the report and have yet to hear back. I do not cut the USPS any slack. 19 days and counting for 2-3 day service is worse than dismal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Off topic, but I’d appreciate hearing how your order with them turns out. Debating using him for what would be an unusual mod.
    Will do. I've admired his work from afar, but this is the first time I've had services done by him. Overall, I'm impressed, and I like his professionalism in posting social media posts about customer requests, so we'll see how the work turned out. I'm not worried, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that I have actually spoken to the vendor I'm a lot more confident in the overall situation. I don't know him from Adam so it's normal to be apprehensive.

While I don't expect an email a day from him for the first week I didn't hear ANYTHING until I initiated contact.

Overall though my opinion now is it's just the season and a couple of things happened to make the process a little longer.

It's not urgent and the stuff in large part is out of his control.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a shipping notice and tracking code via email just now. Things look like they are working out.

I am all about treating people fairly but I started this thread to basically get 'second opinions' BEFORE I threw somebody under the bus.

Seems to me that all is well with the company. They are above board but just got caught in a unique situation beyond their control.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    I sent out a Trijicon MRO out on November 25th via priority mail. There have been no tracking updates since November 30th where it stalled in Newark, NJ. I filed a missing package report and nobody contacted me. I refiled the report and have yet to hear back. I do not cut the USPS any slack. 19 days and counting for 2-3 day service is worse than dismal.

Same here.. paid for priority mail for a envelope for my first form 1, and it’s been hanging out in Georgia since the 12th , sent it the 3rd ..wtf usps

Rant over...

Gonna check out said company

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my package today. Transaction complete.