Downloads
    Uploads

Taking Inventory, upgrading gear

With all the events going on these days I pulled aside my bugout bag to take inventory. I decided to upgrade my pack and some of my tools. I still have some things that are in need of a serious upgrade, but I think I have a good start.

I just picked up a Hazard 4 pillbox and installed hardpoint rails and a bungee. The pack is really nice. I am a bit cramped for space, but only because I am making space in the main compartment for my 10.3" SBR. It barely fits, but it does.

So here is my current inventory.

1 spool of paracord
    compass
    First Aid Kit (this is woefully inadequate as it really is just antiseptic, bandaids, and guaze) this is the next thing to upgrade
    Eating tools
    Emergency flashlight that never dies
    Duct Tape
    Solar Blanket
    Solar sleeping bag
    Dental Floss
    Fire starters (3 bic lighters, 3 packs waterproof matches, fire starters, flint) I wanted this to be redundant
    Baby wipes
    Sewing kit
    Mil Surplus Dry bag
    Rope saw
    Abe & Moe Goodman knife (finally found a sheath which is currently in production)
    Esee Izula Knife with Kydex sheath in production
    SOG Fast Hawk

I know I am missing some items which I will soon rectify. Any input on a good First Aid kit that won't break the bank? Any other suggestions of things I should add? Should I remove anything to make room for something else? I can also make more room in the main compartment around my rifle.

Pics of the pack if you would like to see how the rifle and gear fits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Multitool and a hydration bladder.
    http://https://www.camelbak.com/recr...s/CB-1148.html
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this a pack you plan to keep in your car? Grab and go when disaster hits or?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Grab and go bag, primarily. Will be carried in my car if I am travelling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tourniquet, water, water filter. You can live without a lot of stuff but water is essential. Maybe some chest seals and other trauma essentials. I have used Adventure Medical Kits for the small stuff and North American Rescue for the trauma stuff i.e. shears, gauze, airway management, etc.

Hard to know when to stop when building these kits ... mine have been through about a thousand iterations

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, will look into that gear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Tourniquet, water, water filter. You can live without a lot of stuff but water is essential. Maybe some chest seals and other trauma essentials. I have used Adventure Medical Kits for the small stuff and North American Rescue for the trauma stuff i.e. shears, gauze, airway management, etc.

Hard to know when to stop when building these kits ... mine have been through about a thousand iterations
    I agree with the water. Throw a couple of Lifestraws in there.

Also, in the past, being in static positions for long periods of time, even overnight... don't overlook hygiene products. A toothbrush and paste don't take up a lot of space either. Soap and a wash cloth can do wonders for you as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Skip to 2:40 for his go-bag

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn’t see any whiskey in your bag..
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 22 January 2021 at 04:54.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I didn’t see any whiskey in your bag..
    Oh, I just thought that was assumed.