Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Downloads
    Uploads

Covid Vaccine

Since I am a frontline healthcare provider, I was able to get vaccinated with the first round of vaccines. For reference I have received the Pfizer vaccine. After the first vaccination I had some light nausea for a few days.

I had my second vaccination this past Wednesday and holy crap...

I have had nausea, vomiting, diarrhea for the past 2 days and have not gone to work.

Just passing along the info of my experience with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah man, thanks but no thanks. I know it's a condition of your employment to take it. My sister is in the same boat. But I personally don't want to take it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Yeah man, thanks but no thanks. I know it's a condition of your employment to take it. My sister is in the same boat. But I personally don't want to take it.
    At least they have vaccine adverse event days for those of us that have bad side effects. For the most part most of my coworkers have only had flu like symptoms for 24 hours after the second vaccine. A few of us missed at least a day of work or went home early the day after they got the vaccine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got dose #2 yesterday and the hangover feeling came on sooner yesterday. Today I've got the chills and my arm really hurts (arm hurt last time, too). Plus I'm tired, but I can't figure out if that's because of my previous week's work schedule and/or not sleeping well last night because of my arm.

Until it's FDA approved, I don't think anyone can mandate the vaccine. Keep in mind, various other vaccines have similar side-effects for some. Take it or don't take it, but if we can get the country back up and running after feeling a little under the weather, it's a small price to pay. See also: Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Malaria (that was terrible for me), etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Until it's FDA approved, I don't think anyone can mandate the vaccine. Keep in mind, various other vaccines have similar side-effects for some. Take it or don't take it, but if we can get the country back up and running after feeling a little under the weather, it's a small price to pay. See also: Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Malaria (that was terrible for me), etc.
    I am about as far away from a medical professional as you can get... but I got a regular flu shot before and I thought it was going to kill me. That absolutely sucked.

Any details beyond that I don't know. It's pretty par for the course that when I take a preventative vaccine it always does a number on me and has some side effects etc. If I hadn't had previous bad experiences I wouldn't be as upfront about it, but that's just me. It wasn't a political statement or anything like that. I just have a history of bad experiences.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As a medical professional I do encourage people to get the vaccine, but as a libertarian leaning conservative, I wouldn't force it on anybody.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wife got the second dose over a week ago, first dose she had a headache for 2 days, 2nd dose, she's had no side effects. She got the Pfizer.

I'm scheduled for the Moderna one on Sunday.

Make good business decisions for yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I am about as far away from a medical professional as you can get... but I got a regular flu shot before and I thought it was going to kill me. That absolutely sucked.

Any details beyond that I don't know. It's pretty par for the course that when I take a preventative vaccine it always does a number on me and has some side effects etc. If I hadn't had previous bad experiences I wouldn't be as upfront about it, but that's just me. It wasn't a political statement or anything like that. I just have a history of bad experiences.
    Didn't mean for it to sound like you were making a political statement. That's by far my last intention. Just adding some general perspective. Other than flu shots the last couple of years, I too usually have some reaction to vaccines, but they seem worth it. Except for whatever the malaria pills were that I was given in Haiti. Man those made me a poop machine. I stopped taking them after the second pill. It just wasn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Wife got the second dose over a week ago, first dose she had a headache for 2 days, 2nd dose, she's had no side effects. She got the Pfizer.

I'm scheduled for the Moderna one on Sunday.

Make good business decisions for yourself.
    My wife got Pfizer as well (so did I), and she had the same reaction on #2...none. It's weird how the body reacts. I'm actually starting to feel a little better this afternoon, which is hopefully good news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, seems to be a 24-48 thing while your body is building immunity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, seems to be a 24-48 thing while your body is building immunity. I am also starting to feel better. Haven't had any vomiting or diarrhea since 6am...just got a headache now. Probably dehydrated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5c1a7a2c-3fa7-442f-b84e-d074965e2ea6.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  67.1 KB
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got Pfizer and did fine, other than feeling like I got a tetanus shot and a little fatigue both times. My employer didn’t require me to have the shot, but I’ve made it ten months working in close proximity to COVID patients and am glad to. E done wondering when I’m going to get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ironclad guarantee that side effects are nothing compared to the real thing. I had flu b several years ago and prayed for death for 3 solid days, and felt like hammered shit for another four days. Vomiting and diarrhea are really uncommon with flu and more consistent with norovirus, which makes the rounds during flu season. When you feel like you’ve been hit by a motherfucking steam locomotive, your hair hurts, you can’t breathe for chest and nasal congestion (which will become bacterial pneumonia, if you just lay around), then you have honest to God influenza. I have co-workers close to half my age who are on oxygen (and will be for a projected two months), due to the lasting effects of CV-19.

EMS is seeing a spike because of bonus pay; offer up an extra $500 or more to pick up a shift, and all the underpaid, overworked (read: immune compromised) people will gladly pile extra hours onto their normal 72 hour week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll just rely on my immune system to do what it was designed to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be getting the first dose of Moderna on Sunday, which I'm really not that worried about. I've heard of several cases where the second dose is kicking some butt, with short term flu-like symptoms. Sounds somewhat similar to how I tolerated the shingles vaccine. The first dose produced a sore arm for a few days, no biggie. About 10 hours after the second one I felt like crap, but was back to normal the next day.