Downloads
    Uploads

Mega MATEN Rear Takedown Pin woes

Does anyone know the dimensions of the set screw that holds the pin and spring in that captures the rear take down pin on the MATEN?

I managed to lose mine in the abyss of my garage when trying to remove my take down pin. It appears people do mods to regular AR-15 rear take down pin retainers with 4-40 1/8" set screws, but wasn't sure if that's what Mega used. I'm going to see if Tru-Valu has some set screws, but I'm not terribly hopeful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    4-40 is what Aero uses on their enhanced sets also.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Does anyone know the dimensions of the set screw that holds the pin and spring in that captures the rear take down pin on the MATEN?

I managed to lose mine in the abyss of my garage when trying to remove my take down pin. It appears people do mods to regular AR-15 rear take down pin retainers with 4-40 1/8" set screws, but wasn't sure if that's what Mega used. I'm going to see if Tru-Valu has some set screws, but I'm not terribly hopeful.
    Another possibility is to see if there’s a local Fastenal. They sell mainly hardware stuff like that. Or go to fastenal.com

For example, a zinc 3/8” 4-40 is 13 cents, SKU 0141506

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Joelski; 23 January 2021 at 06:30.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d find a steel one if it were me

Like this
    https://ar15discounts.com/products/4...g-1-8-long-ss/

Downloads
    Uploads

Well fuck, there ya go. But if you look, there are about 40varieties of 4-40 screw available. I’d rather spend $1.20 and get ten screws as a hedge against the next time one launches into small part oblivion.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/73207

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Joelski; 23 January 2021 at 07:32.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The proper term is cup screw. Its the same style of screw used on gas blocks just different size. Some may call them grub screws.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Went to Ace today and managed to find a 4-40 "gun screw" so I could thread the hole (giggity). It fit, so that confirms the size/pitch. I ended up grabbing a 10 pack on Amazon, so we'll see how they play out. If they don't work, then Fastenal or AR15Discounts will be next up.

Thanks all. I can update this when I get the screws. I'm not even sure who you call to try and get factory parts, at this point. Zev, I guess?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Went to Ace today and managed to find a 4-40 "gun screw" so I could thread the hole (giggity). It fit, so that confirms the size/pitch. I ended up grabbing a 10 pack on Amazon, so we'll see how they play out. If they don't work, then Fastenal or AR15Discounts will be next up.

Thanks all. I can update this when I get the screws. I'm not even sure who you call to try and get factory parts, at this point. Zev, I guess?
    ZEV is still continuing Mega Arms production, including the MATEN, I'm sure they would assist you with any questions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot to update this. The cup screws I bought off Amazon worked. I went with these.