Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, this fell together nicely. The 180 fit nicely onto the MI lower; not like they were made for each other, but tolerance on mine at least seems to be in the right zip code. Wondering if the spec was maybe adjusted an RCH with the latest batch. She's an incredibly smooth shooter. I've wanted a 10.5" in .223/5.56 forever, but hadn't felt compelled as the 300 blk checked most of those boxes. This gun is different enough, and an absolute blast to shoot.

Last edited by Joelski; 9 April 2021 at 04:24.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dang I like that a lot. I might have to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Well, this fell together nicely. The 180 fit nicely onto the MI lower; not like they were made for each other, but tolerance on mine at least seems to be in the right zip code. Wondering if the spec was maybe adjusted an RCH with the latest batch. She's an incredibly smooth shooter. I've wanted a 10.5" in .223/5.56 forever, but hadn't felt compelled as the 300 blk checked most of those boxes. This gun is different enough, and an absolute blast to shoot.

FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah... that looks good.

I keep revisiting this thread and thinking maybe I should do one, maybe with an ACR stock, just to have something different. Or buy a Scar.

Or just.... not...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    After thinking about the ACR stock for a while, I decided it belonged on an ACR more than this type of gun. This has more in common with a PCC rifle, than a heavy battle rifle, and IMO, the MCX style folder capitalizes on that. This gun has been an absolute blast to shoot and stomp in the woods with. I'm still hesitant to install a flashcomp on it so I can run it suppressed; it's just so fun the way it is. I'll get around to it, but for now, I'm having too much fun just running it as-is. I've put close to 300 rounds through it so far which has me thinking I should slow down on the ammo consumption, but it's addicting!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Murdered-out. Just about optic ready.

"If you've eaten Ramen Noodles and Kraft Dinner for weeks because of the assholes you hang around with, go ahead and hit subscribe".

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    What case is that?

One of them bulldog ones? Opinions

I’m looking for something like that, small and not stand out gun bag’ish looking

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a bulldog. It was tight with the SBR, but Mulva swims in it. The usual gig bag is way too big for her, but she can easily ride along with another rifle in those. I'm getting around to adding a MD for my can, but this is plenty of fun as it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: Ordered the 180M lower to complete the package. Thinking it might fit a little easier, but won't be upset if it's close to what I have now. This thing is rock-solid with no shake, shimy, or rattle anywhere!

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I did it. Now what?

Got the 180M lower and built-up. The receivers mate perfectly, as expected. I’ve read about poor figment elsewhere, but these ones are perfect.

^^ It’s amazing how many people own these and don’t understand that the grommet is to keep your folder from mollywhoppin’ the receiver.

Then I got the straight charging handle from AR180parts.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got the 180M lower and built-up. The receivers mate perfectly, as expected. I’ve read about poor figment elsewhere, but these ones are perfect.

^^ It’s amazing how many people own these and don’t understand that the grommet is to keep your folder from mollywhoppin’ the receiver.

Then I got the straight charging handle from AR180parts.com

It looks great! Guarantee my next internet purchase will be that same charging handle!!! Really appreciate you sharing that link!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by apmcdaniel View Post
    It looks great! Guarantee my next internet purchase will be that same charging handle!!! Really appreciate you sharing that link!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happy to. It's a different kind of purchase process; the guy only accepts a certain type of cryto, or a check that has 5 days to reach AZ. Needless to say, my fuggit circuit tripped and I wrote a check, so knowing what we all know about the USPS, I consider myself fortunate. He sells even more retro stuff like the OG side-folder and grip. If I were going that route (and I plan to build a retro lower as well), I think I will FedEx that check.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quickest backorder evar!!

That looks look