Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
If you don't like the dot, I get it. But if you ever shoot at a competition (friendly or otherwise) with a dueling tree or Texas star, a dot makes it much more of an inconvenience than a painful trial.
Oh, I see the potential, and am willing to put in the time and expense to at least make it an option. My biggest problem is that with my mom becoming a resident of my home, I've had almost no time to put into developing the skill it takes to be proficient, hence it's still a novel item for me. I finally made it out to the range Sunday, and I had so many guns that needed shot "Just because" that I didn't get to spend quality time working on the dot. I need to do some fine-tuning to center the dot in my sight picture and make it line up with my irons. Everything on this upper is new, so I need to go irons first, then line up the dot to properly co-witness to the signts (If I have that wrong, please advise). This is the first pistol upper I've assembled, the first dot, etc.. so just having a running, happy gun was a win in my book, nevermind the horror stories about ZP slides (After my purchase, BTW). Thankfully, I had none of that, and in the end I was able to shoot a lot and lower my BP.

20221023_144916.jpg