Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Thanks to the bot for resurrecting this thread. I have been focusing on the target and using the dot to place the shot , which is what I think I'm supposed to be doing, but my question now is what about parallax? How much of a factor is it? I realize at handgun combat distances it should be of little concern. Am I on the right path here?
    I really haven't found it to be an issue. Shooting B8s at 25y, the issue is more me than parallax. Shooting 2/3 or full size steel at 30-50y, it's not even a concern.

I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I do like having the tall sights for shooting from unusual positions. Sometimes the dot isn't where you think it's going to be, since there isn't really a natural POA in certain positions, so a quick check of the irons brings the dot back. Having a circle dot also helps with that, too.

EDIT: Whoops, I guess I did mention it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Thanks to the bot for resurrecting this thread. I have been focusing on the target and using the dot to place the shot , which is what I think I'm supposed to be doing, but my question now is what about parallax? How much of a factor is it? I realize at handgun combat distances it should be of little concern. Am I on the right path here?

Also, I admit this makes the shot faster and basically makes the irons irrelevant, and I also like Rich's idea of ditching the suppressor height sites and going back to regular ones to declutter the picture.
    Parallax is a non issue I think. You are the first person I've ever seen asking about it in relation to pistol optics.

As for shooting with dots, I've come to realize that 95% of it is in the presentation. You hear about dry fire practice, but most of the time I don't even do that. I just pick up the pistol and try to pick up the dot instantaneously. No trigger pulls, nothing. Just straight up presentation.

In a way most of it is like point shooting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya, the presentation is the most important part. Not punching out too quickly and instead slowed down and methodical has made my presentation 100% more effective.