Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decent 1911's

Downloads
    Uploads
    Operation: Save the Colt is just about ready to commence! After buying a metric shit ton of parts and even more tools, I've got it stripped to bare nothing and am blocking and polishing the flats, grinding down the frame tangs for a beaver tail GS install, and making plans to work up to checkering the front strap. Slide is going to Noval for dovetails and sights and I need to find a blaster to give the rounds a bead blast finish. All that will be left is some random polishing/blending and it'll be ready for reassembly. Easy-peasy, nipple squeezy! This gun will showcase the Gospel of the great John Moses Browning and once it's done, I'll be in the market for a series 70 Govt model in blue and then I can order my Alchemy Custom Weaponry Prime Elite Carry! Still mulling over the optic cut for an SRO, but will probably leave that for a Quantico Hi-Cap build, or a Schauland Performance Monolith. Somebody Stop me!! At this point, plastic guns have all but lost their lustre for me and the power of cold, hard steel is what gets my blood pumping like back when all this stuff was new and fresh. hell it still is for me. Sorry for the enthusiasm, trying to resurrect some of the life on the forum.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That OTIS file set is sweet! I searched earlier and its discontinued but found a place that has the last half a dozen of them on the planet in stock, ordered 2 sets! If anyone is interested PM me... Dude, is that a mixing board?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tascam 32 track digital recorder.

Files are a particular rabbit hole with 1911's. I'm just finally getting my checkering files sorted; one more order ought to do it. I don't want to start the job until I have everything and Brownells is pretty much it for that kind of stuff.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!