Downloads
    Uploads

Bolt hold open question

I am having a very minor issue with one of my ARs. When I get to the very last round in the mag the bolt will hold open. I am pretty sure the issue is narrowed down to a specific magazine but I want to ask and see if there is anything else to check.

If it is a mag what could the problem be? Possibly a weak spring?

Anyway the mag is a 20 round PMAG... I am pretty sure I have it narrowed down to which magazine. Let me know if I need to do anything to fix that mag.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the follower could be binding enough to slow it down if it is dirty on the inside. I have a 10 rd PRI 6.8 mag where the spring actually binds on the waffle pattern and something like the 2nd to last round always misfeeds as a result. I wouldn't expect that on a PMAG. The simple solutions here is to discard that magazine. They are expendable items.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    the follower could be binding enough to slow it down if it is dirty on the inside. I have a 10 rd PRI 6.8 mag where the spring actually binds on the waffle pattern and something like the 2nd to last round always misfeeds as a result. I wouldn't expect that on a PMAG. The simple solutions here is to discard that magazine. They are expendable items.
    My mag is dirty as hell. I don't know the round count but 100% of them are suppressed. I will clean it up and see what if anything improves. If not I have a box with a few dozen more 20 rounders.