Thread: MOE Conversion

Downloads
    Uploads

MOE Conversion

Can the screws and nuts be removed from a Magpul MOE rail section and be replaced with M-LOK screws and T-nuts? I've got a handful of old MOE rails and wonder if they can be converted to M-LOK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hg8057 View Post
    Can the screws and nuts be removed from a Magpul MOE rail section and be replaced with M-LOK screws and T-nuts? I've got a handful of old MOE rails and wonder if they can be converted to M-LOK.
    I've seen some people modify them to fit those old Geissele rails that just had the vent holes in them and weren't Keymod or mlok.

I've played with mine a few years back, and no, I'd say you couldn't modify them.... at least very easily. As cheap as rail sections are, I doubt they would be cost effective for you to do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It actually does work.

The confusion is my fault. I ordered a 5 slot m-lok for a light mount and then remembered that I have some old MOE rail sections. When I got the M-LOK section (top) I removed from the MOE section the metal hardware and installed the M-LOK hardware. Other than the holes not being in the same slots and a bit of polymer on the underside of the M-LOK to line it up on the slot, they're pretty close.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I will be reinstalling the M-LOK section with the correct hardware. Just gonna file this away for future reference if I need another rail section. Magpul sells the metal hardware bits for M-LOK rails.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk