Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12.5 talk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    What info are you looking for from Triarc? I got the 12.5" barrel yesterday...
    I was inquiring When the 11.5 suppressed only barrels would be available and what the damn gas port size was and like most companies , they won’t say/or even reply and think it’s a secret or something.. lol
    Anyone can measure…ahhh… I just wanted to know before I made a decision.

Curious though, when u got a minute and could maybe measure the gas port on the 12.5?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Criterion 12.5 hybrid has landed

Now after a 11.5’ish rail,upper receiver, gas block to finish it out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got the last of my parts a few days ago and assembled the upper. Took it to the range yesterday, did a function test, barrel break in and zeroed in the Peak iron sights.
    Went really good, she is smooth and fast. I am impressed with the Peak sights, they are real fast to acquire and work great on this build. The Triarc barrel liked all the ammo I threw at it, impressive groups on a brand new barrel. Wolf gold for the break in and function test. 75g gold dots and 62g TBBC for zeroing. I was suprised that the POI was pretty negliable between the 75g and 62g which is great because those are my two HD rounds. The 75g GD's are pretty damn accurate with 1.5" groups at 50 yards on iron sights. That round was specifically made for shorter barrels IIRC. Double dimpled the gas block and will pin it once I have more rounds down the pipe. Will try to get some pics posted later. Rifle weighs in at 4.5lbs... Not going to use an optic on this rifle and pretty sure this will be my new HD rifle.

LWRC IC full ambi lower
    LWRC ambi CH
    V7 complete upper reciver
    V7 2099 13.5" rail
    V7 inconnel gas tube
    BA low pro gas block
    Triarc 12.5" barrel
    BRT linear comp
    CC- Mystic black BCG
    Peak iron sights
    X300u at the 12 oclock
    Geissele SSA
    Radian Talon
    Last edited by Stone; 4 December 2021 at 18:46.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not going to use an optic on this rifle and pretty sure this will be my new HD rifle.
    Man, I'd sure want an HWS or RDS on anything I considered a HD rifle. Such a great capability that improves performance, especially in certain lighting situations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got the last of my parts a few days ago and assembled the upper. Took it to the range yesterday, did a function test, barrel break in and zeroed in the Peak iron sights.
    Went really good, she is smooth and fast. I am impressed with the Peak sights, they are real fast to acquire and work great on this build. The Triarc barrel liked all the ammo I threw at it, impressive groups on a brand new barrel. Wolf gold for the break in and function test. 75g gold dots and 62g TBBC for zeroing. I was suprised that the POI was pretty negliable between the 75g and 62g which is great because those are my two HD rounds. The 75g GD's are pretty damn accurate with 1.5" groups at 50 yards on iron sights. That round was specifically made for shorter barrels IIRC. Double dimpled the gas block and will pin it once I have more rounds down the pipe. Will try to get some pics posted later. Rifle weighs in at 4.5lbs... Not going to use an optic on this rifle and pretty sure this will be my new HD rifle.

LWRC IC full ambi lower
    LWRC ambi CH
    V7 complete upper reciver
    V7 2099 13.5" rail
    V7 inconnel gas tube
    BA low pro gas block
    Triarc 12.5" barrel
    BRT linear comp
    CC- Mystic black BCG
    Peak iron sights
    X300u at the 12 oclock
    This sounds awesome. Maybe I missed it but do you have a build thread on this or pics?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ BU I dont disagree, but I have red dots on 3 other rifles (T2's) and optics on most of the other rifles. Honestly, I wanted to keep it simple on this build and with the PEAK sights I can acquire targets real fast. I swept the house with the new rifle and she is fast and light, no issues. A no optic scenario can be argued for that its just one less variable to deal with in a high stress situation, grab and go, rounds down range... If I ever do change my mind I can pull a T2 off the 10.5"

@ Aragorn- Nah, no thread on it and pics are coming. Since Mustang named this thread 12.5" talk I figured I would just stay with the theme. You guys gave me the push to get this thing done!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  20211204_175733.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  130.9 KB
    Name:  20211204_175647.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  105.0 KB
    Last edited by Stone; 4 December 2021 at 18:49.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  20211204_175652.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  138.3 KB
    Name:  20211204_175806.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  107.2 KB
    Name:  20211204_175819.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  51.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  20211204_175620.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  293.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice, 4.5 lbs is light.

I’d second a rds, but to each his own.

I won’t be able to get my project together for a while but am planning a lpvo for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys gave me the push to get this thing done!
    Ha, I read that earlier. I’ll be sure to add “Influencer” to any and all future resumes.

Name:  20211204_175620.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  293.7 KB
    Looks good! I’ll be adding my light set up once I get home from my rotation tomorrow. I’ll have to add some new pics.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler