Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Sellier and Bellot 5.56 77gr

Anyone have any quantifiable data on this ammo? It seems to be a direct competitor to Razor Core, and while neither is priced at what it used to be, I'm having a hard time getting much info on the S&B ammo for comparison. From what I've Googled, it seems close to the IMI stuff, but there just isn't enough good data to compare. Primary use would be out to 600y (with occasional forays to 700y at the very extreme) out of 16-18" stainless guns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No experience with that particular load but I've never been disappointed with any of the rifle rounds I've shot from S&B (mainly 300 BLK and 6.8 SPC) and their brass is generally quite good for reloading, too. I'd take a chance.

I worked up some loads this evening using 77gr Nosler Custom Competition and up to 24.8gr of TAC to see if I can reach the velocities I get with the 77gr IMI RazorCore. That stuff is hot. I get about 2,830 fps out of my 20" Rainier Ultra Match and 2,750 fps out of my 16" UM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    See any in stock?

I am super low on good factory 77’s

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    No experience with that particular load but I've never been disappointed with any of the rifle rounds I've shot from S&B (mainly 300 BLK and 6.8 SPC) and their brass is generally quite good for reloading, too. I'd take a chance.

I worked up some loads this evening using 77gr Nosler Custom Competition and up to 24.8gr of TAC to see if I can reach the velocities I get with the 77gr IMI RazorCore. That stuff is hot. I get about 2,830 fps out of my 20" Rainier Ultra Match and 2,750 fps out of my 16" UM.
    I don't know how many thousands of rounds of their 9mm I've shot and it's always been great stuff. From what little I can find, it seems the 77gr is decent enough. I do worry about having to redo DOPE if I switch to the S&B from the IMI, which of course burns through some ammo (chrono and rezero, if necessary).

My dilemma is that IMI is in stock right now, too, and my stock is running low. And of course, it's way more than it used to be. It always seemed to be excellent for <$.70/round, but at ~$1.3/round, it has me wondering if something is better (or only just as good).

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    See any in stock?

I am super low on good factory 77’s
    SGAmmo has the S&B. IMI is pretty much everywhere right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Midway has IMI RazorCore in stock at 105cpr.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Midway has IMI RazorCore in stock at 105cpr.
    Wow, I don't ever go to Midway anymore. Looks like that comes out to $1.15/round after shipping and tax, which is still significantly lower than the others. I just always get nervous when the box looks different.