Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Other than being a bolt action, a 16" in 6.5 CM will cover well past the range you want, plus it'll be a shit ton lighter, even with a backup red dot. Still gonna be nose-heavy though.. You don't have to have a super long barrel to reach 1,000+, so that does save weight out front.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just gave it a brief eyeball. Gonna give it a harder look hopefully this evening as time permits.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are going to throw that kind of money toward The Fix……..an AI is undoubtedly a much better rifle…..plus the simple 30 second barrel change gives you some nice options

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll drop this here instead of starting a new thread. This has been over 3 years in the making as I've been buying parts slowly over time plus LMT components have been hard to come by over the past few years. The last piece was the NF ATACR 4-16 which was on back order for 6 months and showed up this week and of course the year long wait for the Surefire can. Took it all to the range yesterday and I was very happy with the set up. 16" CL barrel. I also pickup the 18" SS barrel but I'm not sure if I'm even going to take it out of the packaging. I thought I'd want the extra length in the gas system but this shot exceptionally well suppressed. Needs some back-up sights and rail covers, but otherwise gtg. Looks like ~41.9 gr of IMR 4064 in LC brass, FGMM210s and 175 SMK pretty well mimics my M118LR ammo.

Forgot my rear bag so had to improvise with my woobie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome setup. That build is actually attainable unlike a KAC rifle at this point in the market

41.0gr of 4064 with 174gr in the M118 (LC) shows 2566fps but I’m not sure if that’s data from a 25” barrel…it’s the military’s M118 load data so I assume it’s from an M40 or M24. Any idea what speed you’re getting?

I was actually going to go the other way and try 155gr SMKs and see if I can caress 2800+ fps

Now you just need to break out the spray paint…

Downloads
    Uploads
    Around 2360 fps with 42.0 gr of IMR 4064 or factory M118LR but this is out of a 16" barrel at 38 degrees.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice MWS.

The prices are stupid high now. I remember buying mine for $2200 and thinking OMG, 2k for a rifle!

Sweet setup, I need to get a little higher magnification for mine eventually.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still want a set of LMT BUIS but don't feel like paying $300+ for them just yet. Got an RMRcc for my birthday and SKD had a sitewide sale that pushed me over the edge on getting the offset mount. Was debating between that or milling my G26, but thought I'd start here. The offset RMRcc seems to work well in my garage, but don't have any range time yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man that’s a nice setup

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 1-8 ATACR on my MWS. Looking at yours, I should move the 4-16 on there. Sweet setup!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Big wanna right there. If gold hits $3000…
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I have a 1-8 ATACR on my MWS. Looking at yours, I should move the 4-16 on there. Sweet setup!
    I debated that in my head for a while. Really a 1-8 or 1-10 is about perfect for this setup, but I know that for most of how I'll actually shoot this I'll prefer the 4-16. I've got an 18" SS barrel and DMR stock to swap over to, as well, which is probably the better fit for the optic and how I'm shooting it, but I like the concept of the 16" do-it-all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m sorta in your mindset for my .308s: 4.5-18 on the 18” and TA11 3.5” on the general duty 16”.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    I’m sorta in your mindset for my .308s: 4.5-18 on the 18” and TA11 3.5” on the general duty 16”.
    I love my TA11. It’s definitely on the heavier side but by far has the best eye relief and FOV of any ACOG I’ve used or owned.

Also my Mk5HD 3.6-18x44 was a fantastic size/weight/mag package. I just didn’t like the PR1-Mil reticle in the one I had after getting time behind it, and I could compromise with the H59 or Tremor but I really wanted the PR2-Mil and am hoping the 3.6-18x gets it but if not, the Steiner T6Xi SCR2 3-18x is on my short list (and Steiners Mil/LEO pricing is wayyyy better than Leupolds)

Downloads
    Uploads
    My TA01B is for my factory Armalite 16 with an RMR T2 offset being ran parallel on an FCD PMA, and the home assembled mutt has a PA 2.5-10x44 something something not made in China glass with an LT104 that has an RMRcc offset on an Arisaka.