Thread: Going Blue

Downloads
    Uploads

Going Blue

LGS had a Dillon 550C set-up with several accessories at a price I couldn't resist. Pre-owned but never used from an estate...poor fellow died before he got to use it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. Report to us how you like it after you load a few hundred rounds on it.
    I've been tempted to get a Dillon but I don't know all the differences in the various models.

If I get a chance to look them over in person sometime I still might get a setup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. I think you will like it. I've had a 550B over twenty years with literally thousands of rounds loaded. If I could make one suggestion ... order the Dillon Roller Handle for it. Makes a world of difference.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Nice. I think you will like it. I've had a 550B over twenty years with literally thousands of rounds loaded. If I could make one suggestion ... order the Dillon Roller Handle for it. Makes a world of difference.
    Thanks, Jerry. I added Inline Fabrication's ERGO Roller Lever to my order for the Quick Change top plate. I plan on selling the Strong Mount since I've configured my bench and storage for the QC system.

I spent a few hours with it today making sure I understood how everything works and loading up 40 rounds of Hornady 147gr FMJ-RN 9mm in a few different charge weights. Will try to run out to the range at dawn and verify the loads in a handgun and PCC before attempting any real volume. This is my first time loading for pistol.

I like the flexibility of the press and how easy it is to deal with problems (mistakes). I think the 550 will work well for my needs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice

What LGS was this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice

What LGS was this?
    Pintos, in Renton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep there a good one, I’m not in that area much at all, but few times I’ve ventured in, the inventory and price is better then a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cranked out over 800 rounds of 300 BLK this weekend. Great press, I'm really impressed by this thing. The only issue is the primer feeder isn't coming back far enough on its own to reliably feed the next primer without a little tug so I'll probably spend the $30 for the aftermarket fix available on ebay for that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! When are you going to start taking orders? I need some 6.8 ammo...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just set up a second single stage

I want to have two setups, one devoted to rifle and one for pistol

I REALLY want an RCBS Matchmaster powder dispense but my next big reloading related purchase is going to be a Garmin chrono

A buddy of mine just got a Dillon 550….maybe one day I’ll take the plunge

Downloads
    Uploads
    The more I was reloading various calibers, the more I began to understand why some would have a dedicated press just for only one certain caliber.

Not a waste of money and definitely not stupid if one understands how much of a giant pain in the butt it is to get things right and back again to after each tooling changes.