This is a help me spend my money thread :)

Just wanted to hear from you guys about it before I jump on it.

My first 5.56 can is a Recce 5 Mod 3. I have a Recce 5 Mod 4 as well. And a Recce 7 Mod 4.

The Mod 4 is quieter than the Mod 3 and has less back pressure.

Now Griffin offers an upgrade service to allow me to get the new eco flow baffles on existing cans.

The difference between a regular Mod 4 and the Eco Flow baffles equates to about 3 to 4 DB reduction (and reduced back pressure) from the Mod 4 to the new Eco Flow baffles. That is 3 or 4 DB at the muzzle AND at the ear using their standardized testing seen on YouTube. (Same ammo, same host, same machine, indoor sound booth, all calibrated, etc)

I know I did my 9mm can into the new Eco Flow baffles for that caliber and the difference was definitely noticeable. I'm really glad I did that one.

So, for a 3 to 4 DB reduction across the board on a 5.56 can (and even more than that going from a Mod 3) would you think it would be worth it to upgrade?

The cost I think is just north of $200, maybe $250 if I recall correctly. That would take my Mod 3 up to the very latest generation and if I decide to do the Mod 4 it would be the same thing.

What say you?

I'm thinking about just starting with one, the oldest one (Mod 3) and seeing how it goes from there.