Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LPVO Options?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    In the past, the Vortex discount was off of the MAP and not off the street price, so you ended up paying about what you would for a street price. If you bought from a vendor, you'd get the street price plus what you'd get discounted by the vendor. I never bothered with a Vortex military discount because of that. Has that changed? I'll have to poke around on Vortex's site.
    It’s off of MSRP now, and vortex has been creeping up their msrp the last few years because it seems everyone and their dog has a discount.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I noticed more than a few price increases for 2022. I'm thanking Brandon for this!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    It’s off of MSRP now, and vortex has been creeping up their msrp the last few years because it seems everyone and their dog has a discount.
    That's what I had always seen. I said MAP, but I meant MSRP.

I'm still waiting for their 3rd party (Expert Voice) to approve my affiliation to see where stuff is priced now. I swear I had done that before, but it says I hadn't. Anyone know how long that takes?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I noticed more than a few price increases for 2022. I'm thanking Brandon for this!
    Its not so much that the prices are going up but that the dollar is going down, in essence its buying alot less... Its just hidden from public view by the appearence of a sticker price going up.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm still waiting for their 3rd party (Expert Voice) to approve my affiliation to see where stuff is priced now. I swear I had done that before, but it says I hadn't. Anyone know how long that takes?
    Honestly, the once a year Vortex does the extra 10% off through Expert Voice is about the only time I think about buying Vortex. Otherwise, the prices aren't getting me excited. With product shortages, nothing was even in stock for that extra 10% this time around.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can also get Mil pricing on Vortex through Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore and they approved my status within 48 hours after submitting my DD214. I also believe CS Tactical will honor the Vortex Mil pricing.

I hadn't been on Expert Voice in over a year...almost forgot about it. When I first signed up it wasn't compelling because shipping and state sales tax and I could get pretty close elsewhere. With the new rules on collecting state sales tax for internet sales, it's more interesting again unless you wait for closeout sales on discontinued optics.

Got on Expert Voice last night was happy to also see that you can also get Mil discounts on Kestrel. Tieing this back to the OP, the Kestreal will help you figure out which dot or hash on the Christmas tree reticle Alomo needs to use to hit his target.

Do we have a mil/leo discount thread around here?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m also curious on reviews on the eotech 1-10

I’ve migrated from absolute to just got a 1.93 and first impressions are why did I wait so long. Much better and feels more natural for a ar that’s not sitting on the bench.

Also just got a 1.7 height scope mount and the little jump from 1.50’ish is perfect for me.

I Wish the street price o the 1-10 razor would come down a little more. That price on those 1-6 closeout is tempting..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Its not so much that the prices are going up but that the dollar is going down, in essence its buying alot less... Its just hidden from public view by the appearence of a sticker price going up.
    Well the dollar has been going down before this last spike in inflation.

I will credit the firearms industry as prices have remained virtually the same on a lot of products for the past decade. Depending on the election cycle and the race to the bottom, a lot of AR/firearms prices have actually decreased.