This forum being dedicated to tactical (mostly) arms and technology, just wondering, does anyone else here hunt much. Just a good old bolt action rifle or a shotgun for fowl?

Especially game that can and is willing too hunt you also, and stomp a new *ss hole in you? I'm currently talking with a guy I've hunted with before, about 20 years ago, who owns two first class hunting camps in S. Africa. A cape buffalo is on my bucket list, along with a Grizzly (Montana, maybe)?, or Alaska. I don't meet too many people that are into that sort of thing, around here. Trying to book a trip, not this coming summer, but summer (their winter) after this coming summer.

I have to meet the one they call "Black Death" (Cape Buffalo) and see if he's as much of a bad ass as they say he is. Have hunted in grizzly country a few times, but never had a liscense to kill one, and not the right season anyway. But being in thick heavy stuff taller than me in griz country still gives me a bit of the shivers being there especially when you can hear brush being disturbed around you and can't see crap. I ve had some of the best and most memorable experiences in my life while hunting, even ordinary game. Still makes me laugh thinking about them, even though it wasn't too funny at the time.

I've shot a bunch of wild boar, and got tangled up with one, close call, that still makes my ahole pucker so tight you couldn't drive a pin up it with a jack hammer. Close call with a few others. I won't hunt them over bait or from a stand or blind, they aren't dangerous then especially when you get into the 500 plus weight class It's got to be on the ground, up close and personal. Going again soon. Probably down in TN in a couple of months when I'm completely healed from my surgery.

Share your stories, cool places to hunt, fav rifles, calibers, etc. Even "safe" stuff like deer, elk, small game,etc..

FT